• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ran Sunset Nationals last weekend

Tex013

Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Raced interstate at the Sunset Nationals on Saturday Sunday . This was interstate @ Sunset Strip 1/8 mile event . A western conference round as part of the National Drag Racing Championship . Catchy name huh .
11 1/2 hours each way . Weekend was very hot , unusually so , though very dry as it is inland .
Track is a great country track always has decent traction . Most racers camp over .
3 qualifiers in Saturday . 26 cars qualified in my class so 5 rounds Sunday . I was #4 qualified after a bit of monkeying around that led to 1 dq above me.
Could not get the tree in Sunday but still drive well to get to semis where i got spanked at the tree though i did drop it dead on with a 4 .
So overall . Plymouth was screaming was a little suprised how fast it was considering the heat/ da . Even hot lap 2-3 motor was near 195f and still didnt drop more than 1 .
Was i happy with me driving . Well apart from tree yes , had dial covered and drive finish line well .
I did achieve my base goals . Go rounds to pickup points . I cannot chase the conference championship but I reckon do consistantly well and get invited to the national grand final . That is my goal .
Couple of pics will be attached . Let me know your thoughts on the runs .
Will be going to North Queensland in 3 weeks for a eastern conference round . A long 16 hr or so .

Tex

20230920_161458.jpg

20230918_061902.jpg

Driving pic was across Hay Plain at sunrise . Yes that is the main highway going east/west from new south wales to south australia .
The red 62 Chev is my mates . Was running 6 30s in Super Sedan , box door car . I run Super Street no box

Tex

20230917_075801.jpg

20230917_075617.jpg

FB_IMG_1695072303304.jpg

FB_IMG_1695072638455.jpg

Hey Tex, are you a Tex from Texas that's living in Aust. or are you a Tex from Aust. liking mopars?
I can't judge your time sheet because I'm not that much into racing. Car looks great and so does Australia.

Hey Tex, are you a Tex from Texas that's living in Aust. or are you a Tex from Aust. liking mopars?
I can't judge your time sheet because I'm not that much into racing. Car looks great and so does Australia.
Ray ,
Tex from Aust . Thanks

tex

Goin rounds whatever way it takes. You were still better than the guy in the other lane.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back