• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RARE: 1965 Dodge 500 Convertible with FACTORY 413ci

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorqueChap

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Contrary to popular belief, the 413 wedge did see 1965. Turns out that Dodge created a "Spring Special" package for the Polara to clear out a few left-over engines. Believe that GG says that 15 Polara convertibles were so equipped with the 413 in '65. This car has been documented by GG and the auction house can provide the paperwork.

Car is definitely a project, but a rare bird without doubt.

I have no relationship with the seller or the auction house. Was pursuing this car the past few months, but need to take a pass. I've already got two 413 convertibles in the stable and don't have room for a third.

Here's a link to the pics:
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/p...category=0&zip=19540&kwd=Cabin Fever Auctions

Here's a link to the auction house:
http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/auctions.htm

Could be a cool project for the right person.

PP10.jpg

There Is A Guy In The Northeast Hemi Owner's Association That Has A Beautiful White '62 Polara With A 413 Max Wedge Engine From The Factory In A 4-Door! Yes, You Heard That Correct! 4-Door Max Wedge! Chrysler Ended Up Telling The Owner That It Was Impossible, That No Such Car Existed In Their Records! Well, You Should Have Seen Those Clowns Scrambling To Get Down Here To Pennsylvania When They Found Out It Did Exist! They Tried To Buy It, He Wouldn't Sell! 1 of 1? I Think It Is A Case Of Having Only 413 Max Wedge Engines Left On The End Of The Assembly Line For The 62 Model Year! Great Story!

Wonder how many of the other 12 are still alive?

There Is A Guy In The Northeast Hemi Owner's Association That Has A Beautiful White '62 Polara With A 413 Max Wedge Engine From The Factory In A 4-Door! Yes, You Heard That Correct! 4-Door Max Wedge! Chrysler Ended Up Telling The Owner That It Was Impossible, That No Such Car Existed In Their Records! Well, You Should Have Seen Those Clowns Scrambling To Get Down Here To Pennsylvania When They Found Out It Did Exist! They Tried To Buy It, He Wouldn't Sell! 1 of 1? I Think It Is A Case Of Having Only 413 Max Wedge Engines Left On The End Of The Assembly Line For The 62 Model Year! Great Story!

That is so cool :headbang: If the factory ever (ever!) wants to buy a car from me, that's a sure sign from above that I should be calling GG in a heartbeat LOL

@ vanrj1: GG reports that 3 cars are known to survive. While spreading the word of this car, I might have connected with the owner of car #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back