• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member with a 67 GTX Project

67gtx-ragtop

Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
HI FBBO -

I just purchased a 1967 GTX Convertible project. This is the first Mopar I have had in over 4 decades. (the last one was a 63 Dodge Dart convertible with slant six)

I am super excited about the project and will appreciate any and all info that FBBO has to offer. I am already learning things - like the driver side lug nuts are reverse threads!

The previous owner bought the GTX on BaT in 2021. Link to that auction is here: No Reserve: 1967 Plymouth GTX Convertible Project

No work has been done since the BaT auction - I have no idea why. But I am pumped I was in the right place at the right time to pick up the car!

My vision is for a very nice driver - so I plan to take the car back to the original white color after getting necessary body work done. Then a new interior & top and the basic mechanical restoration e.g - brakes/cooling/light engine refresh. When feasible I would like to get the correct parts ( Carter carb, correct date code transmission) Help understanding the part numbers and date coding will be some of the key help I hope to get from the FBBO experts

Should be lots of fun when completed - see you at the Woodward Dream Cruise in 2024!

George

Welcome! Nice car to start with!

Welcome from the central coast of Cal.

IMG_3554.jpeg

Is it blue?

Might have been a member's here.

Welcome from S FL. Looks like a decent project. They didn't make a lot of convertibles so worth doing right.

Nice start for a project. Looking for a convertible myself.

Welcome to FBBO from NY! Post some pics of your GTX!

Welcome from nearby S.W. Ontario.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. That looks like a nice GTX project.

Welcome from Illinois. Your GTX has the potential for greatness. Consider starting a thread in our Member's Projects & Restorations forum to show everyone the progress.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Auto Transport Service
Back