• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Roadrunner?

According to Govier book...1,991 Road Runners built with a 400 4bbl and auto trans in '73

No one commented on the interior color, the XW is black/white. Its a combination I have seen a few times on fender tags. Not many folks restore back to the original way it was done. Its an acquired taste. I think it would be really cool on this car to go back with that combo-color interior.

No one commented on the interior color, the XW is black/white. Its a combination I have seen a few times on fender tags. Not many folks restore back to the original way it was done. Its an acquired taste. I think it would be really cool on this car to go back with that combo-color interior.

I could not agree more! Very interesting color combo.

Thank you!

Do you have a link to this "Govier book?"

I think what he is trying to convey is according to factory records, and compiled into book form by Galen Govier, about 1,991 400-4 automatics were shipped for sale in the US. As cars build for sale in Canada or export are not included in that number, we really do not know the actual number built.

I think what he is trying to convey is according to factory records, and compiled into book form by Galen Govier, about 1,991 400-4 automatics were shipped for sale in the US. As cars build for sale in Canada or export are not included in that number, we really do not know the actual number built.

Thank you for the information. I now understand. There can be more cars built than documented. Good to know!

Any pictures of the car itself? Project/Driver/Restored? Thanks!

Yeah! Here it is.
CC7145ED-B07C-4AB1-84AF-E6F78B1BDDC4.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back