• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest NOS Part you found for your 71-4 B-body this year

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
The thrill of the hunt is always interesting what you may find. I just found an NOS 73-4 B-body Overflow bottle. IMO these are rarer than the 72 B-body set-ups as I have had 4 of those NOS over the years and never even saw one of these NOS. So what have you found?

IMG_1071.JPG IMG_1072.JPG IMG_1073.JPG IMG_1074.JPG

Dang, that's the one thing I wasn't able to find when I did my restoration. Is it for sale?

Dang, that's the one thing I wasn't able to find when I did my restoration. Is it for sale?

No it is not. I agree certain parts you never see and this one of them..

I just picked up an NOS airgrabber/ramcharger actuator w/bracket. I haven't seen an NOS one since I bought one in the summer of 78!!
Ron

20190319_140329.jpg 20190319_140414.jpg

Was not an option at the time, but picked up a NOS power antenna conversion kit that was probably meant for a C Body--dealer install. It will stay in the box until I figure out how to adapt it to the existing curved factory fender hole for the manual antenna in my '72 SSP.

DSC06152.JPG

Last edited:
The thrill of the hunt is always interesting what you may find. I just found an NOS 73-4 B-body Overflow bottle. IMO these are rarer than the 72 B-body set-ups as I have had 4 of those NOS over the years and never even saw one of these NOS. So what have you found?

I have always wondered if one needs to modify the cooling system somehow to add those overflow bottles, a different radiator cap or a different radiator filler neck?

The thrill of the hunt is always interesting what you may find. I just found an NOS 73-4 B-body Overflow bottle. IMO these are rarer than the 72 B-body set-ups as I have had 4 of those NOS over the years and never even saw one of these NOS.

That my friend, is an awesome find. It’s hard enough to find used in any condition let alone a NOS. Well done.

Last Christmas, finally found the Washer bottle for 73-74 WITH speed control. They're like hen's teeth.
WP_20160716_017.jpg

Are the later washer bottles dated?........Matching a dated version would be near impossible to find......So if they are dated and the date doesn't match in the appropriate range of the build date then the part is still incorrect.

Still any NOS part is ideal over any reproduction part.........NOS water bottles are near impossible to find and in all respects that is a great score....

I have always wondered if one needs to modify the cooling system somehow to add those overflow bottles, a different radiator cap or a different radiator filler neck?

no modifications
oe radiators all had the provision for a overflow hose
they used to just let them puke on the ground from a hose run down the side of the rad
before the overflow bottles came along

Apologies, it was not NOS ... but here are the only #s on it. Interestingly enough the catalog part number is 3431965
Resv3431965-06.JPG

You'd think it would be the other way beings that is was an option in 72 and standard in 73.

Exactly but then after I wrote what I did I thought about it. 72 was an option so only cars that had it used them and I am sure they made a bunch therefore leaving a bunch that remained in stock. Now going into 73 everyone had one therefore everyone "replaced" them as they all had them depleting the stock making them harder find now.... It's the first one I ever saw....

Within the last year I found a set of NOS resonator tips for my car. I won't post price but was extremely cheap. Also years ago when I started my restoration, I bought NOS taillights $80 for the pair, and they had gaskets in the boxes and NOS front spoilers for $35 pr and a 70 NOS Airgrabber switch for $35 and I gave it to my friend. It is currently in his 71 RR. It looks wrong since it has a red handle. I bought all that from Dale Tuel of Dale's Cuda Shop i think it was mid to late 90's.

resized.jpg resize`1.jpg

When I put the bottle away, I found I had an Nos radiator cap to go with it. It was in the wrong factory box which I remember the guy had no clue what it was for when he listed it on e-bay..

IMG_1078.JPG IMG_1079.JPG IMG_1080.JPG

Within the last year I found a set of NOS resonator tips for my car. I won't post price but was extremely cheap. Also years ago when I started my restoration, I bought NOS taillights $80 for the pair, and they had gaskets in the boxes and NOS front spoilers for $35 pr and a 70 NOS Airgrabber switch for $35 and I gave it to my friend. It is currently in his 71 RR. It looks wrong since it has a red handle. I bought all that from Dale Tuel of Dale's Cuda Shop i think it was mid to late 90's.

View attachment 738333 View attachment 738334

I found those also. You beat me to them and they were cheap.

Yeah I seen the resonators and didn't hesitate. I was skeptical cause the price was almost too good to be true. I figure when they'd arrived I would have a set of repops someone put in old Chrysler boxes but they're legit :)

Auto Transport Service
Back