• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RCs Dream Cuda found!

One could drive the Walden Plymouth while wearing a foot tall top hat.

One could drive the Walden Plymouth while wearing a foot tall top hat.
RCs hat would easily fit in that car!

R.jpg

Decisions, decisions when searching for an E-Body...AAR or T/A? Ok, a 426 Hemi or 440 6 Barrel/Six Pack in a pinch! :usflag:

Re: the 70 Coronet/Super Bee front design. I vividly recall back in the day when these cars were introduced, the immensely negative fallout of the "ugly, hideous" design of the front bumper/grille. Which, in perspective in the fall of 1969, it was compared to previous, ICONIC designs of not only itself, but it's sister Charger, and the Plymouth models. So, in fairness and truth, yes it was in comparison. However, if looking in context of many years later and numerous hideous car designs especially by other manufacturers, the 70 Coronet/Super Bee is not bad, and actually, with a nice color combo (see post #26 - awesome ! ) I'll say it's grown on me. Me... one of those "ugly, hideous" guys from back then. For instance, I'd seen a photo recently of a black car with black PAINTED loop bumpers, and I'll tell ya, that car looked GREAT. I've come to appreciate the "sinister" look of the front. The ugly-bumper Ford models a few years later quickly elevated the 70 Dodge into the "nice look" category.
I know, that when the 1970 SuperBees came out, I heaved a huge sigh of relief that I had bought a 1969, instead of waiting a year. I agree, they look like a Pontiac. However, I prefer the loop bumper on the 1970 Charger.

The 70 Coronet front end styling is a love/hate design,there is no in between. I personally love them, although I have never owned one. I prefer the R/T,because I like the taillights better, and I like the side scoops too. But I really like the C stripes on the Superbee.

Auto Transport Service
Back