• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RCs Dream Cuda found!

RCs gentle subtle demeanor,and the fact that he's a real people person,would make him a must have kind of guy in the funeral business! Who else would you want to have around when you are in mourning! He has the undertaker look! Like the gentle way he told another member to junk his Charger dream car, or the way he kindly informed the Kimmer that the doctor removed the wrong appendage during his recent surgery! I could see him shaking hands with the widows with a piece of paper in his hand with his phone number on it! Lol

RCs gentle subtle demeanor,and the fact that he's a real people person,would make him a must have kind of guy in the funeral business! Who else would you want to have around when you are in mourning! He has the undertaker look! Like the gentle way he told another member to junk his Charger dream car, or the way he kindly informed the Kimmer that the doctor removed the wrong appendage during his recent surgery! I could see him shaking hands with the widows with a piece of paper in his hand with his phone number on it! Lol
No mention of his love and affection for the 70 Coronet??

No mention of his love and affection for the 70 Coronet??

I’ve always said that the 70 Coronet looks best when it’s photographed at night and in a garage with the lights off.

IMG_0197.png

I will keep looking for a Cuda for you! You are correct about the 4 door Barracuda,it is worth the sum of the parts that can be salvaged from that trainwreck! Mark Worman went on and on about how great this car is, so maybe he should buy it!

That's not bad. A little more angle to the side and that grill will be hidden completely. :)
I was screwing with Mark. There are a few that weren't my favorite, but since I'm with you guys, I've learned to enjoy them, one being the early Darts. Now when someone tells me that they're ugly, I tell them, pull up against one, and see first hand, winning ugly. LOL. That's what I'm talkin about.

Early Darts don't get much love! We had to pull out everything we had in our bag of tricks to make this one cool!

68smashbenwin.jpg

Re: the 70 Coronet/Super Bee front design. I vividly recall back in the day when these cars were introduced, the immensely negative fallout of the "ugly, hideous" design of the front bumper/grille. Which, in perspective in the fall of 1969, it was compared to previous, ICONIC designs of not only itself, but it's sister Charger, and the Plymouth models. So, in fairness and truth, yes it was in comparison. However, if looking in context of many years later and numerous hideous car designs especially by other manufacturers, the 70 Coronet/Super Bee is not bad, and actually, with a nice color combo (see post #26 - awesome ! ) I'll say it's grown on me. Me... one of those "ugly, hideous" guys from back then. For instance, I'd seen a photo recently of a black car with black PAINTED loop bumpers, and I'll tell ya, that car looked GREAT. I've come to appreciate the "sinister" look of the front. The ugly-bumper Ford models a few years later quickly elevated the 70 Dodge into the "nice look" category.

Re: the 70 Coronet/Super Bee front design. I vividly recall back in the day when these cars were introduced, the immensely negative fallout of the "ugly, hideous" design of the front bumper/grille. Which, in perspective in the fall of 1969, it was compared to previous, ICONIC designs of not only itself, but it's sister Charger, and the Plymouth models. So, in fairness and truth, yes it was in comparison. However, if looking in context of many years later and numerous hideous car designs especially by other manufacturers, the 70 Coronet/Super Bee is not bad, and actually, with a nice color combo (see post #26 - awesome ! ) I'll say it's grown on me. Me... one of those "ugly, hideous" guys from back then. For instance, I'd seen a photo recently of a black car with black PAINTED loop bumpers, and I'll tell ya, that car looked GREAT. I've come to appreciate the "sinister" look of the front. The ugly-bumper Ford models a few years later quickly elevated the 70 Dodge into the "nice look" category.
The 70 Coronet was originally designed to be a Pontiac. Picture that front end with a Pontiac beak between the two looped bumpers. That was a 1967 Pontiac design studio drawing. Identical to the 70 Coronet in every way except for the beak. Designers went from one manufactures studio to another back in the day,my guess is that this guy ended up at the Dodge styling studio after leaving Pontiac,and took his drawings with him! My guess would also be that this same designer was involved with the 71 Dodge Chargers front bumper design,which is a knocked down copy of the 68/69 Pontiac LeMans/GTO front bumper design.

Auto Transport Service
Back