• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really???

I just talked to the body man who worked on my Chevelle. He says he just got done doing a 69 Charger last year, and that the AMD panels didn't fit all that well, specifically the drivers qtr. He also mentioned the stampings were not crisp, all the edges were too rounded due to worn out dies. Can anyone else attest to the AMD stuff needing a decent amount of rework while fitting? I know it's always the case with repair panels, but I thought AMD stuff was supposed to be the best, especially for Mopar.

I just talked to the body man who worked on my Chevelle. He says he just got done doing a 69 Charger last year, and that the AMD panels didn't fit all that well, specifically the drivers qtr. He also mentioned the stampings were not crisp, all the edges were too rounded due to worn out dies. Can anyone else attest to the AMD stuff needing a decent amount of rework while fitting? I know it's always the case with repair panels, but I thought AMD stuff was supposed to be the best, especially for Mopar.
They all have to be reworked unless you have NOS which require less....

The alternative would be worse, though...

They all have to be reworked unless you have NOS which require less....

The alternative would be worse, though...

He also said that if the "sail panel" is rotted, walk away from the deal as they are not reproduced and he had to make them from scratch. I'm not sure what he meant by sail panel, he said near the inner rear window. To me, a sail panel is part of the headliner...

I think he is referring to this section:
tgQY6sO.png

Isn't that part of a full qtr panel?

seems like there are more quilaty issues with the AMD Charger 1/4s than the other models.
And I remember driving my '68 Charger R/T 440 4 speed home that I paid $400 for in '84.

And I remember driving my '68 Charger R/T 440 4 speed home that I paid $400 for in '84

Yep, many of us wish we had a time machine, but that's not real life I guess.

Sucks that AMD has issues with the 1/4's, not good.

Thats a complex piece to bend up. Beats the alternative....

He also said that if the "sail panel" is rotted, walk away from the deal as they are not reproduced and he had to make them from scratch. I'm not sure what he meant by sail panel, he said near the inner rear window. To me, a sail panel is part of the headliner...

I think he is referring to this section:
View attachment 514838

Isn't that part of a full qtr panel?
Full quarters come up about half way on the sail panel the other half is the roof skin....

That one will sell quick!!

Seats covered in wrong pattern but still...

Think quick on this one. Someones gonna buy it and flip it for 30+

That one will sell quick!!

Seems a bit high for a NOM motor automatic? I'd have to see the quality of the work on the floor replacement and make sure there isn't any other rot. Unfortunately it's like a 12 hour drive away, always seems to be the case...

Seems a bit high for a NOM motor automatic? I'd have to see the quality of the work on the floor replacement and make sure there isn't any other rot. Unfortunately it's like a 12 hour drive away, always seems to be the case...
Nope. It'll sell quick. If it was around here i would be hooking up the trailer and grabbing cash...

be worth a look. defiantly would want to look it over good.
wrong covers on seats and door panels...but that aren't trashed to the springs..I could live with them.Missing the bumper guards on the rear. He mentions the trunk floor was replaced, but covers it up with part of a mat.
after market mirrors, looks like spray bomb black under the hood...but a complete ( looks like all the stainless trim is there)drive able Charger.

Last edited:
Find out if they found a build sheet when they recovered the seats. Get a pic of the fender tag(missing in the pics).

Last edited:
Find out if they found a build sheet when they recovered the seats. Get a pic of the fender tag(missing in the pics).

Already asked, also asked what motor is in it. I'm not good enough to tell by looking at the picture, I can't see the 440 pad.

Sucks that AMD has issues with the 1/4's, not good.

AMD sells some parts that should go straight into a dumpster! lol
it runs about 50/50 with them in my experience.
expect issues going in so you don't get disappointed.

AMD sells some parts that should go straight into a dumpster! lol
it runs about 50/50 with them in my experience.
expect issues going in so you don't get disappointed.

Guy who painted my Chevelle was telling me for the 69 charger he worked on last year, he had to buy two full qtrs. (I think he said for the drivers side) so he could cut them apart and make one good one. I guess the body line distances did not match original or even the AMD door skins, so had to split two qtrs. and graft them together to make it correct. Also said all the creases on the AMD metal were too large a radius, had to take panels to the bead roller to tighten up all the radii. He said he called and had lengthy conversations with AMD, and they basically said you get what you get with the dies they have...

i have had it out with them in the past
i tried to return something that was garbage and they refused me
they like to blow smoke up your *** until you call them on it!
they said at first it was all my fault! lmao

then i discovered from a major vendor that
the part was reworked in the past and they have had 4 versions of it for sale at different times.
the tune changed fast once i pointed that out. lol
it was like ohh you caught me in a blatant lie.
yes we do have issues with that part
i ended up climbing the ladder and i talked to one of the big wigs
that the vendor got me the contact to.
after i was thru ripping him a new ***
all he could say is
what can i do to make you happy?
he knew i was pissed and i had all the proof that they lied to my face and were full of ****.
it cost them as i at least got a bunch of free parts out of them.
over 2x worth of what i tried to return and i kept the return parts also
but if i wasn't very persistent and loud
they will jerk your chain hard hoping you will just go away.
to me now they are parts of last resort

to me now they are parts of last resort

Well that's not good, who is your first choice now? There is nothing else out there but really crappy Asian metal? (Besides used, donor, NOS I mean).

I wonder how the guys at the AMD Installation Center feel about the AMD sheet metal? Do they get pissed off as well?

I have to wonder what the cars coming out of that place really look like in person...

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back