• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear axle ID

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Going through receipts from previous owner. He changed the rear end housing. Not sure which one but I have receipts for bearings and seal and they cross back to 1965 up. So this is good news since car is a 63. Took the torq thrust cap off and axles have no nut. As a rookie I'm just double checking with you guys that this is the better 65/up rear?

Yep, 65 up. But you will have to put a tape measure on it to find out what exact vintage it is. 65 different from 66/67 b body, different from 68/70, and 71/74. And that's just the b bodies!

Yep, 65 up. But you will have to put a tape measure on it to find out what exact vintage it is. 65 different from 66/67 b body, different from 68/70, and 71/74. And that's just the b bodies!

With good tire clearance I must be OK
I have a good inch to the fender lip and 2 inches to the springs with the 275/60/15

Auto Transport Service
Back