• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Backing Plate Change

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know if there was a change in the rear brake backing plates from pre 69 to post 69’ For 10” drums?If so do you have pictures of the later?
i notice that the rear brake shoes that Rockauto sells changes from 68 - 69. I know the adjuster set up changes .

Last edited:
Anyone know if there was a change in the rear brake backing plates from pre 69 to post 69’? If so do you have pictures of the later?
i notice that the rear brake shoes that Rockauto sells changes from 68 - 69. I know the adjuster set up changes .
Part numbers are the same for ‘68 and’69. Support(backing plates) 2880646(7). Brakes(lining and support) 2808495. There was a brake option for Taxi and Police 2808497.

Thanks for the information Moparbuff! Do you know how far back and forward those backplate part numbers extended? I’m trying to determine if there was a change that resulted in a different shoe design or if the shoe change was simply to accommodate the new style adjuster set up?

Thanks for the information Moparbuff! Do you know how far back and forward those backplate part numbers extended? I’m trying to determine if there was a change that resulted in a different shoe design or if the shoe change was simply to accommodate the new style adjuster set up?
2880646(7) was used until ‘74. They went to backing plates with two holes for emergency cables.

Auto Transport Service
Back