• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear brake drums on 65 plymouth

the nitro man

Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
how does the rear brake drums come off? are they pressed on or what? after i get them off, what can i replace them with that isn't a bitch? thanks

Nutted rear axle?

If so the best way to handle it is to replace the whole assembly with a later rear out of another B-body. I did a '69 Charger rear in my '63 Dodge 330 and it bolted in but it's about 1/2" wider on each side. IIRC, the 66/67 rear housings are slightly narrower.

It's a 65 Plymouth belvedere. This is the first mopar I've ever owned so I'm still learning. I was thinking my buddy who also has a 65 belvedere said they was pressed on. with any luck their not. Will the drum have nuts on it for a puller to attach to if it is a pressed "nutted" type deal?

thanks, i would be lost a lot of times if it wasn't for these mopar boards.

65 is not nutted unless someone switched the rear end.Drums should just slide out once you loose up the brakes.

But if they are the reg brake drums they just need a good knock with a hammer upper and lower to loosen them up

yes a big hammer and hit the sides if theres no nut in the middle.
should come right off.
some wd-40 inside will work.

Auto Transport Service
Back