• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Bumper Filler Strip

rocknroll

Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea or picture of rear bumper filler strip on a 65 Coronet? I have new strips but don't have any old holes to see how these mount?????
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

this?

20230129_113528.jpg

If you're asking about the 90* rubber corners, they screw right into the bumper, if I remember correctly. I just put my new ones on my '63 last fall...
0920221852a.jpg

Guess I should have put the set I have onto my '64 before I put the bumper back on!?? Forgot I got a new pair with the car...

If you're asking about the 90* rubber corners, they screw right into the bumper, if I remember correctly. I just put my new ones on my '63 last fall...
View attachment 1409747
There are Phillips head screws that go up into the body on some cars I have seen 5/16 headed screws but they could have been messed with..

They mount to the car, at least on a 64.

There are Phillips head screws that go up into the body on some cars I have seen 5/16 headed screws but they could have been messed with..
You both may be correct. I thought I put them on the bumper before mounting, but my mind may be wrong, again...

mine are screwed to the body. what i have is the original pieces to the car.

Not sure if a 65 Belvedere is the same, but here are pictures of the hole locations where the filler mounts. The filler just snaps in and hangs over the end.

98D10EEE-C6AA-4243-ADEF-78289EFF34A8.jpeg

D8389003-56BD-433A-BE5B-741881FFC20C.jpeg

Does anyone have any idea or picture of rear bumper filler strip on a 65 Coronet? I have new strips but don't have any old holes to see how these mount?????
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Screwed to body. You can see them in the trunk

Auto Transport Service
Back