• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Bumper Tuck

WP29440SE

Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score

jeeze

no love at all

I guess I didn't realize 74 chargers are disliked so much

Last edited:
how about a before pic. looks tight?

????

I love 74s... my fav year... ( and not because is the one I have )

Only shame is the low real performance they got... but easy to fix with some toys

I guess I expected a little more reaction with almost 100 views. its seems as though if its not a 68-70 charger or road runner its not worthy. but, I have built this car from the ground up and I am finally on to the body. maybe a little backasswards working from the inside out , but I want the panels hung and bumpers mocked up and straight before I go on to the final body work and paint. the 73 and 74 charger bumper brackets make the bumpers stick out about 1 1/2 and use fillers, I personally , do not like the look leaning towards the 71 72 smooth appearance. I just wanted to show off my rear bumper tucked in LOL , I am really happy with it even though the car is a 74..... and a fresh 440

Attachments

• rem50.jpg
    rem50.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 377
Looks nice but it's sure gonna suck the first time you back into anything or worse... someone backs into you. :( Those gaps are unsightly, but they are effective at limiting damage from those rearward-moving oopsies that happen from time to time.

I actually prefer the crash bumpers on 73/74s (minus the bumperettes) but it depends on the stance, too. With a rake like yours it helps to have them tucked in. If the car sits more level, they can help to make the car appear longer and lower. The 3s/4s do not get the credit they deserve, probably because of the iso-k and the "luxo barge" options, but I think the quarter window treatment is much more appealing than the 71/72s and the grille and taillights can hold their own.

I actually prefer the crash bumpers on 73/74s (minus the bumperettes) but it depends on the stance, too. With a rake like yours it helps to have them tucked in. If the car sits more level, they can help to make the car appear longer and lower. The 3s/4s do not get the credit they deserve, probably because of the iso-k and the "luxo barge" options, but I think the quarter window treatment is much more appealing than the 71/72s and the grille and taillights can hold their own.

agreed

althought on a driver ( like mine ) preffer to keep the bumperets

thanks for the kind words guys. I agree , the 73/4 don't get the credit they deserve because performance was all but gone and the government had stepped in and took over, but they still retained a great body style.

I still have to put the front clip on and get after the front bumper. if it would only warm up outside LOL

don't mind the air cleaner, it will be gone, this was right after I got it running and driving

Attachments

• rem17.jpg
    rem17.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 236
  • rem44.jpg
    rem44.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 231
The gauge in the wiper motor hole is cute.
I like the bumper tuck. Doesn't look like a cop car.
LOL the gauge was only temporary, its now mounted inside the car.

the rear bumper has perfect gaps all the way around now. it just sticks out on the sides giving it the illusion its up against the body.

btw , those are 72 charger rear brackets

I don't see how. But you can probably get there with some work on the stock brackets.

Yep, I own a 73 and I love them, filler panels in all. I think they have great style lines and a nice looking front grill. They were made after the performance era but the still came out with a big block option complete with 4bbl carb. It's certainly is a cool car

Auto Transport Service
Back