• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear disc conversion options

19 69 GTX

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a decent rear disc conversion for a 69 B body. Don't want to break the bank but will spend for the right kit. Is the Scarebird kit worth buying or no. My car has front wilwood disc and looking for rear disc now. I know some kits you have to convert to green bearings but I'd rather not but will if need be.

Are you racing, constantly on the brakes n worried about brake fade? If not, rear discs do absolutely nothing for a street driver. Save your money.

I put rear disc on my Charger.
Upgraded to a Strange S60 and the new rear didn't come with brakes.
I got my kit from Dr. Diff. Had everything I needed and he's a good person to work with. If you don't know exactly what you want then Cass will help you decide.
Frank

I bought a set of Mustang rear discs from Dr. Diff, he told me they would work with OEM axle bearings. They are single piston with E-brake provision.
Mike

Ditto on post # 2. Rear disc brakes are just eye candy and generally give you a softer feeling brake pedal.
Just buy quality rear drum brake parts, keep them adjusted properly and spend your money elsewhere on your car.

Are you racing, constantly on the brakes n worried about brake fade? If not, rear discs do absolutely nothing for a street driver. Save your money.

No not a racer maybe go to track a few times but not sure. Maybe just rebuild rear brakes I haven't even pulled the tires of rear since I got the car. Any recommendations for some new shoes on rear and possibly new drums if needed.

No not a racer maybe go to track a few times but not sure. Maybe just rebuild rear brakes I haven't even pulled the tires of rear since I got the car. Any recommendations for some new shoes on rear and possibly new drums if needed.
No idea on drums. I used a Dr Diff rear drum rebuild kit w the pads that were supplied. My drums were in great condition.

Had 4 wheel drums on a 10.60 car years back and stopped just fine....and it even stopped hard enough to take the 1st turn off from the track I used to race at. This was an old track and the 1st turn off was meant for the street cars to take but I wanted to see if my brakes would do that job if needed. The MPH of this car was 126.....

Auto Transport Service
Back