• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear edge window trim installation

Jay Williamson

Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a simple, but unusual question. I have a 67 Coronet 2 door hard top and the vertical stainless trim on both the back of my door window and the front of the quarter window have come loose and fallen off. In fact, I had to take the door card off and fish the trim out from inside the door. My question is, what adhesive should I use to reinstall these on the glass? thanks for the help

They are held on with glass setting tape. Any local house window glass shop that does framed mirrors should be able to help you out. 0.020 to 0.025" should work for those.
beerestoration2019 2606.JPG
beerestoration2019 2609.JPG

Thank you. Do you think an auto glass place or regular glass place would be best? I have both near me

Like I said above, more chances a home glass shop that does mirrors will have it.

Canadian Mopar god has spoken !!!:)

Well a 1/16th is 0.0625 and that's way too thick. I have 0.060 and it's actually too thick to set the vent glass in the holders, 0.045 to 0.050 would be perfect for that. I can't remember if my thinnest roll is 0.025 or 0.030 but I can tell ya it was DAMN tight putting the stainless back on the back edge of the Bird door glass getting ready for 'dega using that roll.

I ended up finding some 1/32 at Summit Racing, so that should be a tad over 0.030. Hope it’s not too tight

Auto Transport Service
Back