• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear end goin in

mac68

Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
everybody likes a nice booty. by the way all,is this the right place to post resto progress?

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 174
Pretty! What did you use for paint on it? Powder coat? Mine looks like crap I was thinking of using a can of $.99 black spray paint next time it's warm outside.
Btw this should be a fine spot for a restro thread.

Yes, this is a good place to post pics. More please!!!!

used rustoliem 7779 gloss black,this stuff is tuff as nails, but it takes 36 hrs to compleatly dry,over ppg dp50lf epoxy primer after sandblasting w/fine sand(if anyone else does it this way,be sure to get ALL the sand out of the housing or you will be in the market for a ring n pinion.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 136
Years ago when I cleaned and painted my axle housing I used the Rustoleum with a foam brush. Sanded, prepped and sprayed it with a red primer. It laid out flat and held up like a champ.

When you blast a housing, cover the openings and you won't have to worry about sand getting inside. It's almost impossible to get it all out....looks good!

Auto Transport Service
Back