• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear leaf spring arc?

I've run snubbers on my street cars since the 70's. Hello, there's a pad on the underside, no such thing as a beat up floor. And if you set it up CORRECTLY, it functions under hard acceleration only. Funny, have one on one of my cars now for over 10 years... floor looks good !

They bolt up and fit just fine...The last set were on the car for 45 years, no issues....:lol:

I've run cars with snubbers, Cal-Tracs, slappers, leaf link setup, ladder bars and just leaf springs. Of all of those, I hate snubber setups the most. Actually, the way I set up slappers, they don't slap anything because they are setup with the bumpers lightly touching the spring eye at rest.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmvgHUtesc4MlTbNrF0bvk397mjK9Z5FTpTg&usqp=CAU.jpg
Pardon my personal "Camaro traction bar distaste" . I confess: I do admit I despise the look of those hideous things :D

View attachment 1252524 Pardon my personal "Camaro traction bar distaste" . I confess: I do admit I despise the look of those hideous things :D
I don't like the way they look either so I'll build my own with the spring/shock plate being part of the bar. They sit really close the the leaf that way and then paint them flat black so they don't stick out like a sore thumb. Most people don't even notice them but I've always been about having sleepers. My first car was a 4 door with a mildly built 383 and usually ran around with 3.91 gears with just leaf springs and air shocks with 25 psi in the right and 10 in the left and usually had a 50 lb box of nails on the right side of the trunk. Worked in home construction so always had something for ballast and unloaded everything Friday afternoon except for a box of nails lol. The combo worked pretty good for not having a Sure Grip in it....rarely blew off the right rear on a launch.

I've run snubbers on my street cars since the 70's. Hello, there's a pad on the underside, no such thing as a beat up floor. And if you set it up CORRECTLY, it functions under hard acceleration only. Funny, have one on one of my cars now for over 10 years... floor looks good !
How much power does that car have? I've never beat up my floorboard with one but I've seen it happen with others. I just don't like the way they act especially when they make the car lunch then break the tires loose.... And I know for a fact they suck with a stick. At least they did for me.

I have no use for a pinion snubber. If its close enough to the floor to be useful on a street car, it bangs the floor too often. For a strip use, even when against the floor of the car static, when the rear body lifts, as most Mopars do, its waving in the breeze, not contacting anything, or doing anything. It gave me great pleasure, and saved five pounds, when I threw my adjustable one in the trash.

How much power does that car have? I've never beat up my floorboard with one but I've seen it happen with others. I just don't like the way they act especially when they make the car lunch then break the tires loose.... And I know for a fact they suck with a stick. At least they did for me.
Mid 400's

Auto Transport Service
Back