• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear quarter window regulator bushing/roller

Billet Badges

Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
I am looking for a bushing or roller that went in the location that is circled. I have no idea what it looks like because it was missing from the car. It appears to need a roller to go in the track and a bushing or roller to go in the slot. This is needed to keep the regulator in line so it will hit the stop when the window is rolled up. The quarter panels are off the car right now so it is easy to replace these rollers and adjust the windows. Thank you for any help.

4863148945_eedb380c5e_z.jpg

hey billet im in the same boat as you i got my car all apart and the guy had all the rear quarter parts duck taped together (talk about a fun time try installing this maze of parts for the first time not knowing what goes where or having a pic to even look at) i got it fully assembled minus the parts your missing

A little more info please, what car are you working on? They appear to be power windows judging from the regulator? But the door in the background has manual windows? I would have to say that having a FACTORY Chrysler service manual and/or the dealer parts counter book have more information than one could ever use and is priceless when it comes to assembling a jigsaw puzzle and money WELL SPENT as well as time saved.

his pic looks power and mine on a 69 gtx non power look exactly the same for that back roller assembly

The car is a 70 Roadrunner and it did have manual windows. I am converting it to Nu Relics power windows. (Very nice BTW) When we pulled it apart we didn't see anything there. It looks like there should be something there. It should hold the frame tight against the track so it will hit the stop. The roller that Domino posted looks like what should go there. I do have a factory shop manual, but is doesn't give a lot of detail on that part. It just shows an arrow with the "Roller" there. That's ok, but what does it look like??? There are about 5 different rollers in that window!! Thanks Domino for the pic. I will see if I can find something like that.

so basically looking at over $80 for a complete kit or $40 + s.h. for the individual pieces through rt specialties. i think i will look for some used ones first

I just ordered a complete rear window kit for both sides and was done with it. Now I know that all the pieces are new and will hold up for a long time. Domino, the piece that you showed was correct. Thank you. The new power window setup from Nu Relics works amazing. I will post some pictures soon.

Domino, the piece that you showed was correct. Thank you. The new power window setup from Nu Relics works amazing. I will post some pictures soon.

You're welcome. Timing is everything, just pulled the car apart and boxed it up...
It was laying out ready to be bagged and tagged.

Here is the final image of the power window install with the proper rollers just before the quarter panels were reinstalled.

4918377674_120e2cd173_z.jpg

Looks good. What did you coat your window assembly with? I'm about to do mine (non powered) as was just going to hit them with a steel brush and put on the new rollers.

Looks good. What did you coat your window assembly with? I'm about to do mine (non powered) as was just going to hit them with a steel brush and put on the new rollers.

Most of it is SEM rust converter / sealer. It starts off a cream color and turns black as it converts the rusted metal. I used a wire wheel first before I did the sealer. On the fender well I used bed liner rubber coating. This car will never rust again!!!

Billet where did you end up getting your rollers. They used to have the complete set on rtspecialties but I'm not seeing it listed anymore. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Jim's Parts had the complete kit. They are not the most helpful place, but it was one stop shopping. I think it was about $90 for both rear windows. Of course the piece that I needed was the most expensive and would have been $50 each if purchase separate. :edgy:

70 charger: Not power, but the slot and track look very close.

Roller002.jpg

Roller001.jpg

Roller003.jpg

Guys, I am now in this boat. Did or does anyone have the measurements for these rollers. I can make some but need the shaft measurements. Thanks richard.

Richard, you don't have to make them you can get them new. I got mine from Dixie restorations

Auto Transport Service
Back