• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REAR QUARTERS

c.moo

Local time
1:08 PM
Reaction score
Replacing the rear quarters on 63 bev. Trying to figure out whats the best way. Top half of old quarter good. Should i just go ahead and replace whole quarter or cut across so far up , if cut so far up ,where should i make the cut at. Thanks

Leave as much good solid original metal as possible. Where did the replacements come from? Nothing fits as well as the original. I would just make a tape line across the rust, cut there. Hammer & dolly any dents out.

If you have a full quarter, I would put the full on. Less body work. Nicer job

I'd do the full 1/4. No reason to have a weld seam and filler in the side of your car if you don't have to

Replacing the rear quarters on 63 bev. Trying to figure out whats the best way. Top half of old quarter good. Should i just go ahead and replace whole quarter or cut across so far up , if cut so far up ,where should i make the cut at. Thanks
The AMD full quarter is a beautiful panel. I installed one on a 64 Belvedere. BUT. You are working on a 63. The AMD panel is for 64-65 Plymouth hardtops. The 63 is whole different panel above the main body line. You could use the panel, but will have to cut it down. Have a close look at a 63-65 Two door sedan and a 64-65 2 door hardtop, and you will see that the 63 style has a rounded off body line that flows into the roof, where the 64 style has a sharp body line that runs the full length of the panel. So, yes you can use the panel but it will need too be cut down to essentially a skin

IMG_3031.JPG IMG_3032.JPG IMG_3062.JPG IMG_3065.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back