• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear speaker

Branded

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
My 1973 Charger SE has a rear window defogger on one side. What size speaker would fit on the other side? The factory hole looks too small for a 6x9. Any help??

tape measure.jpg

They are 5 x 7 however you are probably not going to find a direct bolt up. I have the same deal in my 71 but I am putting the rear defroster back into it, but even then there is some fitment required.

They are 5 x 7 however you are probably not going to find a direct bolt up. I have the same deal in my 71 but I am putting the rear defroster back into it, but even then there is some fitment required.
Thank you for the quick response! I'll see what I can find.

if I come with the speaker PN will post it. As I mentioned you at dodgecharger board, is the same one than the trucks front speakers of those years but searching for truck will be way cheaper than searching for B/E body ( that's how I found it NOS on $25 or so, still being a Mopar seller which uses to overprice their stuff... maybe didn't notice it was the same for B/E bodies )... I mean if you don't search for something powerfull or special but the right one. Still being damaged can be reconed, so the basket could be enough

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back