• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window interior trim

fine69

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my car it came with a bunch of parts. One being the rear window interior trim brand new in the TrimParts box. Yesterday I painted them an off white and today I was excited to install them. But something wasn’t right. They didn’t fit worth a ****. And then I got thinking….. could it be? I went and looked at the tag on the box and POW! It’s for a Daytona Charger, dummy!
So anywho, do you think I could just cut them to make them fit a regular charger? I figure the ends will be covered anyway. Or am I in for some unforeseen issue?

8C324991-38D0-458A-8909-F71514CD6B07.jpeg

3DB833F3-3E04-4CE6-925A-575BF9577B44.jpeg

as long as the corner pieces fit correctly just cut to the length needed

as long as the corner pieces fit correctly just cut to the length needed
I never considered the corners being different. Good call. I’ll try them on before I start with the cutting

Cue the trombone….. the corner pieces don’t fit! Son of a bitch! Sure wish the originals came with the car

I think I may have bought a Charger set for my GTX by mistake. You can have it fo free if I can find it!
Just pay the ship? It's a Trim Parts MP5126.

Dang! It's for along the back of the package tray! Nothing for the window trim. Sorry!

It’s been over a year putting this off but I couldn’t stand the sight of it anymore and I had nothing but time today. I still had the daytona/500 trim sitting around so I ended up trimming it bit by bit until it all fit. The bottom corner pieces don’t look real great and I had to hone the screw holes a bit to get the screws in. The little piece that goes on the top middle was already broken and broke even more when I tried to put it on so I just glued it on haha. But goddammit it’s finally on and that’s all that matters.

IMG_2455.jpeg

IMG_2453.jpeg

Those quality of how the bottom corners fit in was never that good when they were new.

Auto Transport Service
Back