• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear window plug search

Chris Gal

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I may find a steel rear window plug for a Superbird?
Thanks!

The steel one that is available requires a lot of fitment from what I have heard. Or you can find a vega hatch but they are hard to find these days(close but not exact) The fiberglass from Janik fits well but the filled gaps can crack and can draw moisture/fogging of the inside glass but the cracks are not visible because they are hidden by the vinyl top....

This is where you need to go and ask your questions.....This is where all the Aero guys reside.....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/board,26.0.html

vega hatches won't work for a bird,only good for daytonas...

Yeah, I see Janak has a fiberglass one. I'm thinking I'll need a steel one as I'm not sure I'll be putting a vinyl top on it. I still haven't made a decision on the final product yet. But I do thank you for the input.

I have a steel window plug and a glass back window. It does have some rot in the bottom but it also has the inside teeth that the headliner hooks to. My Bird is at the AMD installation center right now. I hope to know within 30 days if I will need any of this at all, I don't think I will. Looks to be very solid from the inside. If I do not need it, I can part with it but I prefer to trade on parts. But would consider a cash offer if you don't have any parts I'm interested in.

I have a steel window plug and a glass back window. It does have some rot in the bottom but it also has the inside teeth that the headliner hooks to. My Bird is at the AMD installation center right now. I hope to know within 30 days if I will need any of this at all, I don't think I will. Looks to be very solid from the inside. If I do not need it, I can part with it but I prefer to trade on parts. But would consider a cash offer if you don't have any parts I'm interested in.
I am interested in it if you're not going to be needing it, just let me know when you find out. Also, let me know what kind of parts you are looking for and I'll see what I can find. I don't have too much, but maybe I can find something you can use.
Do you have a thread or posts of your 'bird?
Thanks!

I am interested in it if you're not going to be needing it, just let me know when you find out. Also, let me know what kind of parts you are looking for and I'll see what I can find. I don't have too much, but maybe I can find something you can use.
Do you have a thread or posts of your 'bird?
Thanks!
Only part I need is a triangle at the back window . No thread of bird . I need to work on the bird and stay off the computer. lol

Only part I need is a triangle at the back window . No thread of bird . I need to work on the bird and stay off the computer. lol
I don't have that, but I will watch for one. I understand the time wasted on these computers when we should be in the shop on the cars!
Keep me posted about the rear window plug.
Have a great weekend!

Vega steel plug for sale new Mexico
Price 400.00
Pm me good stainless trim included
No scratches in glass

Thanks David, but the Vega plug won't work for my project. I'm sure a Daytona project would like to get that from you.

What years of the Vega hatch backs work for a Daytona clone? I don’t know much about the Vegas so I don’t know if they changed much.

Vega steel plug for sale new Mexico
Price 400.00
Pm me good stainless trim included
No scratches in glass

Wow! $400.00 is the going rate for these now? I paid $35.00 for my Vega rear hatch assembly of off c.l. The local Chevy weenies do not know us Mopar guys use these rear window hatch assemblies on the Daytona/C500 clones.

Hey 70 Bird, I'm just checking in on your project. Did you end up using your old window plug?

Auto Transport Service
Back