• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rearend stripe

Data Plate

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Can’t decide what to do so looking for some input my car is Q5 turquoise with a white interior and a black vinyl top it’s a stripe delete car so has the emblems I’m having it repainted and thinking about putting a stripe on the back is there a rule of thumb that the stripe matches the vinyl top I’m my case the stripe would be black or can I match it to the interior and put a white stripe on it or just leave it original snd put the emblems on I do like the stripes

The factory "rule" is what color stripe can go on a given body color.

Pretty sure a Q5 car could have either black or white (maybe even blue, and maybe red)

hamtramckhistorical has the exact info, but you have to dig for it.

My understanding is that it was the purchasers option to decide which color stripe or to stripe delete.

Mine is a black stripe car with white interior. LL1 Turquoise. If that helps...

Mine is a T3 RT and used to have a black stripe as pictured in my profile. I recently changed it to white stripe as it was originally optioned with . Love it now… guess I’m saying go with what you like.

4EDEB3CE-D831-4D6E-8F45-22A47A616BF0.jpeg

There are options books (posted on hamtramckhistorical.com) that list what color stripes are available with which color car.

Occasionally one is labeled "available but not recommended".

Some are simply not available, like a red stripe on a green car.

Thanks everyone you guys don’t think it would hurt if value putting the stripe on when it’s a stripe delete car ???

It's your car, do what you want to. My '69 Bee was a stripe delete car too, but I put a black one on (white paint/ white stripe would look odd. :lol:
I built it the way I would have ordered it...

I think a white stripe would look good with that color, especially with white interior.

Thanks everyone you guys don’t think it would hurt if value putting the stripe on when it’s a stripe delete car ???
Good thing is the stripe comes off and you can always put your emblems back on if you don’t like it or feel it hurts the value. Mine came off after ten years with my fingers and some alcohol. A little elbow grease needed but it did not hurt the paint at all.

A either black or white stripe would look good on there but I think the white stripe would add a little more "POP" on that color. My charger is a stripe delete car but I am going to put a stripe on it because I like the looks of the stripe better over the emblems in my case.

I like the look of the stripe with the emblems over top of it...also a white stripe would look good on Q5 IMO...

1968-dodge-charger-rt-his-2_1600x0.jpeg

Fair question:
Does it really matter to you what the value of this car is?
Personally, I don't care. I love these cars regardless of their value. Some do say "It is your car, do as you please..."

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back