• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Rebuilt 400 shortblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar mafia

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
400.jpgI have a rebuilt big block 400 shortblock. it is .030 over with sealed power pistons, hastings file fit rings, new bearings ,reconditioned rods and a 383 forged steel crank. it has less than 500 miles on it and i will take 950.00 for it. located in leitchfield, ky. 42754. i can have delivered for .75 per loaded mile. If you are between KY and Nebraska i have a buddy that is going that route this weekend and he could deliver even cheaper.

whats heads are interchangeable on a 400, its like the 383 isn't it? the 400 is a B block like the 383 i though..i need a motor for my 70 belvy.

Yes 400 and 383 are both B blocks. Bolt on factory parts from a 383 400 413 426 440 will all exchange except intakes, dist, and some aftermarket headers.

383 and 400 are the same for intakes, dist, and headers.

You can use any factory B or RB heads except Max wedge.

Lots of people prefer the 400's for rebuild over the 383 actually and many stroke them. All 400's have cast cranks but that's not a big deal unless you are going to generate a lot of HP.

what other parts do u have for sale, im very interested in the shortblock, wondering if u have anymore parts to get it closer to a complete engine..i have alot of 440 stuff but no 383 or 400 stuff

The only 440 stuff that won't bolt on is the intake manifold, dist and headers (maybe) oh and alt bracket .. exhaust manifolds are the same.

Do you have any heads already if so which ones?

I have a set of 452 heads I rebuilt completely..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back