• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Rebuilt 400 shortblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar mafia

Local time
6:16 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
rebuilt big block 400 shortblock. it is .030 over with sealed power pistons, hastings file fit rings, new bearings ,reconditioned rods and a 383 forged steel crank. it has less than 500 miles on it and i will take 950.00 for it. located in leitchfield, ky. 42754. i can have delivered for .75 per loaded mile. If you are between KY and Nebraska i have a buddy that is going that route this weekend and he could deliver even cheaper.

Sounds like a good motor,so what's the story. I think sometimes the story of why we have to sell is as interesting as what we have for sale.

is there anything special you had to do in order to Install the 383 forged crank? Any benefits?

is there anything special you had to do in order to Install the 383 forged crank? Any benefits?

The 383 and the 400 have basically the same stroke but the 383 crank is forged steel so it is alot stronger than the cast 400 crank

Can you use the same caps, bearings,rods? I'
m curious because I have one with a forged crank in it, and trying to get how it was done.

Yes you can use the 400 caps and rods on a standard 383 steel crank. Mopar mafia what is the casting number and year
on the block?

The casting date is 6-27-73 and the pistons are .085 in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back