• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

recommendations for a QUIET fuel pump

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
looking for recommendations for a QUIET electric fuel pump..72 sat, 440. I have a summit fuel pump on it now, and it is NOISY !

Summit markets an edelbrock pump as a "quiet flow" pump. Its not cheap.. EDL-1791 or 1792..
I use a trick flow on one car, a Mallory 250 on the other. Sure cant hear either one (with tbe engine running).

the one on it now sounds like a power steering pump a quart low !

My Mallory 140 is pretty quiet, at least compared to my old Holley "Blue pumps". The Mallory does pump fuel very well too.

Quick and cheap? Rubber isolate the mount from the car, and the pump from the mount.
I use a rubber stud with threads on each end.

Pump in tank, wouldn't it be the quietest? The gold plated solution.

really dont want to drop the tank

Usually- unless you are running a serious race carb setup, the mechanical pump is fine.

850 demon.. already have the new 3/8 fuel line in and the summit pump on, just dont like how load this one is

My Mallory 140 is pretty quiet, at least compared to my old Holley "Blue pumps". The Mallory does pump fuel very well too.
I have Holley Blues on drag Duster. I like the fact you can hear them. (Quickly drowned at WOT.) But I guess it would be annoying on a street cruiser. With today's EFI options? I'm sure more of an issue. I haven't heard any vendor boasting high flow/low noise pumps. Especially any of significant size and flow volumes.

=tbn:ANd9GcQ7Om0HORIJoJrX4q0gDy5ifB6Sexcv5LFTps6x9FUagpXcy6Nx9YD-vUi1fzvBet9o1bdLiKOT2A&usqp=CAc.png

A bit pricey but can't I cant even hear if it's running. To verify it was working I actually had to look at my fuel pressure gunge and that's with the car off...
I actually have the dual pump good for 1600 EFI hp / 1800 Carb..

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...2bEnvvvJv6x74KITGWZ2-Fqf2PGnmqlgaAvknEALw_wcB

about 500 hp +/-, or so I am told

12-600 Holley gets you 600 EFI or 730 Carb HP
  • 65 GPH HP In-line Fuel Pump
hp_inlinebilletfp.jpg

65 GPH HP IN-LINE FUEL PUMP
Street/Strip Carb or EFI Applications Supports up to 600 EFI or 730 Carb HP Compatible with Pump or Race gas

PART# 12-600
$300.95
Free Shipping
In Stock

running an 850 demon carb.. will this feed it ??

If you are in the 500 HP range you want a fairly high output pump IMHO. I wouldn't rely on a mechanical, but that's just me. Couldn't hear the 140 Mallory during cruising, fairly loud mufflers though. I do like to hear the electric pump running before I hit the start button.

i agree, I wanna hear it before I start the car, but not after, this thing is LOUD

Auto Transport Service
Back