• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommendations for under hood insulation?

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
Needed for my 70 Belvedere.
Thanks

Be certain to buy a FORMED one.. not generic... and also order (or save your) metal clips, the new ones come with plastic and the buggers make you buy the metal clips separate even when listing as "correct to OE".

If you want a more correct pad, then they were actually a molded pad that fits the contours of the inner hood structure. REM makes a nice reproduction of the pad. They are very fragile to install, so a second set of hands aids with the installation. As Wayne stated, the reproduction hood pad clips have issues, so hopefully you can reuse your originals. The worst part about these pads is the size which requires them to be shipped oversize which gets expensive.

The yellow or black die cut pieces will work to insulate the hood for heat and noise, but are far from being correct. The only good thing about them is that they can be folded up with into a small bundle and shipped relatively easy.

So you have some different alternatives. Also, the correct molded style pads will cost about double what the incorrect ones will cost, depending upon your vendor of choice.

If you want a more correct pad, then they were actually a molded pad that fits the contours of the inner hood structure. REM makes a nice reproduction of the pad. They are very fragile to install, so a second set of hands aids with the installation. As Wayne stated, the reproduction hood pad clips have issues, so hopefully you can reuse your originals. The worst part about these pads is the size which requires them to be shipped oversize which gets expensive.

The yellow or black die cut pieces will work to insulate the hood for heat and noise, but are far from being correct. The only good thing about them is that they can be folded up with into a small bundle and shipped relatively easy.

So you have some different alternatives. Also, the correct molded style pads will cost about double what the incorrect ones will cost, depending upon your vendor of choice.
Thanks. Unfortunately this is an aftermarket hood and didn’t come with the clips.

I bought the oe clips but had problems installing them. I figured the insulation was more important than being OEM correct and chipping the paint up around the holes. I went to Napa and bought some plastic Christmas tree clips (Mopar part number of course) LOL They worked great and look better than the rectangular shaped metal clips in my opinion. I did buy the molded REM pad. Nice fit.

023 (2).jpg

I bought the oe clips but had problems installing them. I figured the insulation was more important than being OEM correct and chipping the paint up around the holes. I went to Napa and bought some plastic Christmas tree clips (Mopar part number of course) LOL They worked great and look better than the rectangular shaped metal clips in my opinion. I did buy the molded REM pad. Nice fit.

View attachment 754670
That looks great!

Auto Transport Service
Back