• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regular hair cut 18 bucks now....16 with the old farts discount.

The top of my head is bald.....so only half of what used to be there.....

Still have to pay full price for half the work..... :realcrazy:

I’ve been cutting mine for about 20 years. I started doing it after waiting an hour and a half for a shitty $30 cut, plus tip. I do #0 around the sides and back and keep the thinning top about 1.5 inches with a Flowbee and vacuum cleaner.
1F617AF2-382F-4CB1-933D-280FDB3DF211.jpeg

I should start cutting my own as well as I always get a 3 and a 5 anyway. It has gone from $12 before the China Virus up to $18 the last one I got plus tip.

If I could a High n Tight, I’d do it. But I can’t. If I was still in the Army, High n Tight all the way.

TMI

Too
Much
Information

In college..... you could get girls to cuts your hair for free. They got a kick out of it and most did a good job. That set the tone for me... why pay for something that seemed pretty basic to do? .... and save a car trip, save gas, ...save waiting time too.

I went back to the barber after college for awhile, and then I started cutting myself every OTHER time. Over time I found it pretty easy to do as long as you choose the right type of haircut (a simple one): Mine is #2 buzz faded up the sides and back, and the top trimmed with scissors 2-3 inches long, also fading tighter to the sides and back. I hit it every three weeks or so and even get compliments from time to time, so I must be doing ok.

I saved a boat load of money cutting my own hair!!!

mobile-2082-1490712725-8.jpg

In college..... you could get girls to cuts your hair for free. They got a kick out of it and most did a good job. That set the tone for me... why pay for something that seemed pretty basic to do? .... and save a car trip, save gas, ...save waiting time too.

I went back to the barber after college for awhile, and then I started cutting myself every OTHER time. Over time I found it pretty easy to do as long as you choose the right type of haircut (a simple one): Mine is #2 buzz faded up the sides and back, and the top trimmed with scissors 2-3 inches long, also fading tighter to the sides and back. I hit it every three weeks or so and even get compliments from time to

Getting a close shave is always relaxing
time, so I must be doing ok.
cut-hair-salon.gif

A quality haircut takes time. Given the cost of living, an experienced barber should be able to make 30-40 bucks an hour, so doing a cut every 30 minutes for 20.00 bucks isn't a bad price. They have to pay there own health insurance, license, SSA and federal taxes, as well as the chair rental in some shops. A decent barber school is 15-20k these days.

For the bald or half- bald guys doing it yourself makes sense to look decent, but for those with a full head of hair a good fresh cut is one of life's small pleasures to look and feel good.

I don't care what it cost!! The only thing left from my youth are these 50 or so hairs and I want them to be cut right. I don't asked for much. Actually, my wife's friend owns the place, so we go every six weeks. I have no idea what it cost, that's between those two.

Now pay about $30 including the tip every 5-6 weeks. Fortunate I’ve kept most of my hair. My last two barbers retired, first one I had gone to since I was a teenager. We became close over the decades dinner with the wives, golfing and such until they relocated to TX. Gal I’m going to now is a fun person, quite attractive about 10 years younger than me. So long as the cost isn’t a hassle I’m fine with it; I save money doing things I still can do or want to do myself. The latter is dwindling from old-age. My kids should end up with a nice chunk of change when I croak anyway..

Auto Transport Service
Back