• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Regular hair cut 18 bucks now....16 with the old farts discount.

1959 my dad would give me 25 cents and I would walk across the street in town and then go to the pool hall and play for free because I racked for the guys. My wife of 52 years has been cutting mine for free. (I think LOL )

I was cutting my own hair back in the '70's when long hair was popular for males (used scissors and a couple of mirrors in the bathroom).

Back in the 80's I was going to a local barber school (well, all the students were girls, maybe a beauty college?). Those cuts were not bad and included a deep discount since customers were the practice dummies.

A couple of years ago, I found a new electric clipper in storage and brought it out. The wife began to cut my hair and after about the second time, it looked great. For some reasons, after about six home haircuts, she refused to cut my hair any longer. Was forced back to the local barber shop where recently the price went up to about $4.50 USD plus tip (this is Mexico remember).

I now use the electric clippers to trim the French poodle's hair. The Doberman never needs a haircut. End of story.

Last edited:
I've always found hat the old-dude barbers provide the best haircuts. There is a guy named Floyd that cuts my hair every six weeks or so. He is 77, and has a long gray beard and ponytail. Last time I went in, though, he absolutely looked like Death. Moving much slower than normal, and very pekid and pale, too. He apologized for not feeling well, and he went on home. The gal that cut my hair did a real good job, though. I kinda have a feeling she's gonna be my next barber. Floyd looked pretty rough.

Floyd the barber, I think I heard that somewhere before! Wasn't he the guy from Mayberry who used to take Aunt Bea out behind the wood shead!

I've always found hat the old-dude barbers provide the best haircuts. There is a guy named Floyd that cuts my hair every six weeks or so. He is 77, and has a long gray beard and ponytail. Last time I went in, though, he absolutely looked like Death. Moving much slower than normal, and very pekid and pale, too. He apologized for not feeling well, and he went on home. The gal that cut my hair did a real good job, though. I kinda have a feeling she's gonna be my next barber. Floyd looked pretty rough.
Floyd the barber, I think I heard that somewhere before! Wasn't he the guy from Mayberry who used to take Aunt Bea out behind the woodshed!
Yup. This Floyd is about six foot and maybe 235#. Big Choctaw guy.

At Tinker, it's $12.00 for active duty/$15.00 if you are a vet or are retired.

Back when I was around 16, a new haircutting product came out, a razor blade with forks on it my dad thought he’d try to save on haircuts. He used it ONCE on me and that was it after flipping it wrong giving me a buzzed out spot on top of my head. He didn’t understand my being pissed saying it’ll grow back. Yeah pop? My new date Friday night is just gonna luv it..

Yeah, I'm learning how to cut my own hair now. Been just doing some trimming but today I did some major cutting lol. It ain't no worse than the last hair cut I got and had to pay for it. Should have told her she needed to pay me for that mess! And she was the freaking manager of the joint....
Been cutting my hair for over 30 years, bought the cutter from Sears. Get it down to 1/2” to 1/8 on neck over ears. What I can’t see in the mirror I don’t care about. About 2 months or when the wind starts messing it up from the truck side glass and a month for the scraggly beard I have. Once ya get 73 who gives a rats butt.

Been cutting my hair for over 30 years, bought the cutter from Sears. Get it down to 1/2” to 1/8 on neck over ears. What I can’t see in the mirror I don’t care about. About 2 months or when the wind starts messing it up from the truck side glass and a month for the scraggly beard I have. Once ya get 73 who gives a rats butt.
Right! I still have a full head of hair and have no idea how that happened. The left and right 'points' of my forehead have receded some but not like my dad's did when he was 71. My mom's side of the family is all girls and there was a couple in there that actually went bald. My mom had beautiful (imo) long dark hair but don't know if it would have fallen out in her older age since she left the earth at 38. Anyways, when my hair gets to be in my face too much is when I can't stand it so I went at it with a scissors yesterday and after thinking it was going to look like crap once done, it actually looks pretty decent. Probably should have taken a pic before and after. Oh well. The hair at the back is 4" long and I'm ok with that but the top front isn't quite 2" and I'm ok with that too. I'm not that big of a fan of the mullet but by the time it gets cold again, it'll most likely be closer to one than not. Probably will go in for a haircut in the spring to at least straighten up things but we'll see what it looks like by then. I still kinda care about it since I'm the one that has to look in the mirror every morning lol

Right! I still have a full head of hair and have no idea how that happened. The left and right 'points' of my forehead have receded some but not like my dad's did when he was 71. My mom's side of the family is all girls and there was a couple in there that actually went bald. My mom had beautiful (imo) long dark hair but don't know if it would have fallen out in her older age since she left the earth at 38. Anyways, when my hair gets to be in my face too much is when I can't stand it so I went at it with a scissors yesterday and after thinking it was going to look like crap once done, it actually looks pretty decent. Probably should have taken a pic before and after. Oh well. The hair at the back is 4" long and I'm ok with that but the top front isn't quite 2" and I'm ok with that too. I'm not that big of a fan of the mullet but by the time it gets cold again, it'll most likely be closer to one than not. Probably will go in for a haircut in the spring to at least straighten up things but we'll see what it looks like by then. I still kinda care about it since I'm the one that has to look in the mirror every morning lol
Mine, what’s left of it grows slooow. Guy next door has a pony tail and I thought what the heck six months later an it’s maybe 1-1/2” so off that went. Moms side of the men, all were bald by 50, dad at 94 still has more than me, thin on top (baby hair) sides ok. Used to have very thick hair now I brush with a wash rag.

Back when I was around 16, a new haircutting product came out, a razor blade with forks on it my dad thought he’d try to save on haircuts. He used it ONCE on me and that was it after flipping it wrong giving me a buzzed out spot on top of my head. He didn’t understand my being pissed saying it’ll grow back. Yeah pop? My new date Friday night is just gonna luv it..
:rofl: Yeah, my dad was sorta like that too. Couldn't wait to move away from home lol

Right! I still have a full head of hair and have no idea how that happened. The left and right 'points' of my forehead have receded some but not like my dad's did when he was 71. My mom's side of the family is all girls and there was a couple in there that actually went bald. My mom had beautiful (imo) long dark hair but don't know if it would have fallen out in her older age since she left the earth at 38

If you didn't know, baldness come from your Mother's side of the family. And yes, women can go bald too!

If you didn't know, baldness come from your Mother's side of the family. And yes, women can go bald too!
Well, most of the women on my mom's side of the family went bald......but so far, at 71, I have a full head of hair.

When vacationing a couple of years ago in Juneau, Alaska, I paid $30.00 for a haircut. The funny thing is the shop had a line out the door waiting.

I’m one of these loyalists kind of guys. Wherever I’ve lived once I found the right gal she was it- y barber forever or until I moved out of state. When we were kids living at home - my dad was the barber. With 7 boys they couldn’t afford to send us to a barber. If any of you remember the word “hiney” well that’s what we all got no matter how much we bitched and whined. One time I wore a stocking hat for over a week after one of his skin head jobs. Then my buddy’s gf/wife went to school for styling and she cut my hair for about ten years until I left MN. In CO tried a couple, found the right one and it was her until I left there 10 years later. Moved out to SoCal in 1990, again tried a few and settled on the one I liked and she’s been cutting my hair for about 30 years now. She left the place she was working amd got her own little place in a building that has a whole floor of one person stylist shops. I pay her $35 including tip. Sure I could go to many places less expensive - But I like her a lot and she always accommodates and gives me a perfect cut. Its not like I have flowing locks that require something special - I get attached to theses ladies and never change until I have to. I also agree with the guy that said a fresh haircut was one of life‘s small indulgences and that’s another reason.

Word has it that you had that bird's nest tied up in a man-bun at Carlisle along with sporting a man purse & rainbow shirt.

:lol:
I had to tie it back because I wouldn't have been able to walk between your Plymouth and the next car in the survivor tent without taking your original paint down to bare metal! I don't do man buns, man purses or rainbow shirts,my gate doesn't swing that way! That comb over of yours ain't making the cut anymore!

Since my barber moved to TN. I now spend 15.00 for senior cut with 3.00 tip ='s 18.00. And that's for a complete take down to skin in summer, and after just a 1/2 guard. And yes I did get my baldness from Mom's side. Hang in there 69a100...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back