• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remote mirror resto?

rikubot

Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good thread for a restoration or have any good tips? My mirror isn't out a a charger so I have to shorten the cables to fit. Anyone have any pics or measurements? Thanks in advance.
Mike

Does anybody know of a good thread for a restoration or have any good tips? My mirror isn't out a a charger so I have to shorten the cables to fit. Anyone have any pics or measurements? Thanks in advance.
Mike
Like this one?
This was on my 69 Charger, but I replaced it with a repro from Classic Industries. The wires measure about 17.5" from the base of the mirror (where it sits on the door) to the lock screw where it mounts to the inside of the door. Hope this helps.
2016-10-19 09.36.12.jpg

Like this one?
This was on my 69 Charger, but I replaced it with a repro from Classic Industries. The wires measure about 17.5" from the base of the mirror (where it sits on the door) to the lock screw where it mounts to the inside of the door. Hope this helps.
View attachment 366788

Yes, that is very helpful! Thank you very much.

there are a few ways to get them apart
without breaking the glass,
soak them in a bucket of lacquer thinner for a few days is one.(i haven't tried that one myself)
or what has worked for me is
get big a wet towel for a heat sink and wrap it around mirror housing
and get a heat gun and heat it up
move the gun around the glass evenly and eventually the black silicone
that holds the glass on will let loose.
there are usually 4 spots of it behind the glass
you have to be patient as it take a while for the silicone to heat and loosen up.
don't force it
the mirror head and mirror glass will get very hot while doing this so
watch out burning yourself!

Auto Transport Service
Back