• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing old stickers from Lexan glass.

fullmetaljacket

Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, removing stubborn stickers from Lexan plastic glass should be easy with some WD40 correct?

In light general aviation aircraft a hack for removing stickers from the plexiglass windows is to soak a rag with some 100LL gas, and using that removes the sticker and residue in no time and doesn’t damage the plexiglass.
I imagine some car gas and Lexan would be the same, but I’d test on a place that can’t be seen first to make sure the gas doesn’t damage the plastic.

In light general aviation aircraft a hack for removing stickers from the plexiglass windows is to soak a rag with some 100LL gas, and using that removes the sticker and residue in no time and doesn’t damage the plexiglass.
I imagine some car gas and Lexan would be the same, but I’d test on a place that can’t be seen first to make sure the gas doesn’t damage the plastic.
Thanks XS. I have extra Lexan where I can test with the high octane gas that I use. I'll also try the WD40 route as well.

This may or may not work for some stickers on Lexan, but it did on mine. Simply said, hot water soaked rag set to sit on the sticker to soften it. It peeled off rather easily without a trace. Now the way has been paved for my water slide vintage decals.

0-5.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back