• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stickers on quarter glass

fourgearsavoy

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
We all remember the old days of street racers with go-fast stickers on the quarter glass. Some guys called it a shopping list for thieves. Does anybody still put them on their nostalgia cars?
Gus

None on my current car
I had a few in my early years later 1970s-80s

I pretty much just do it on racecars, just for the contingency $$$

Now if I was building an old-style drag car for the street,
or a Gasser style or an AWB style etc.
I'd probably have a bunch of sticker on it (vintage cool ones),
& not just the quarter windows either...

We all remember the old days of street racers with go-fast stickers on the quarter glass. Some guys called it a shopping list for thieves. Does anybody still put them on their nostalgia cars?
Gus
I'm waiting till warmer weather to properly reapply my vintage decals, (not stickers) onto my quarter and rear light windows.
I've never been a fan of flying colors for companies being that it was a grudge car in the first place and I didn't want to show my cards, but I do have a soft spot for certain haunts on the street that were legendary along with certain shops or fabricators. For that reason, I am applying the decals that announce the haunts where the car actually saw action. I'm not trying to be a what and why where it wasn't, but being authentic is integral.
On the underbelly of the trunk lid is where certain shops/fabricators that assisted will get their respective billing such as Apollo Trick Titanium, The old Direct Connection and perhaps a local speed shop.

In the past and for obvious reason, I even went to the extreme of rubbing out the printed letters on the Firecore plug wires and removing the stickers on the thumper carbs. These stickers usually end up all over my tool box. Heck, I even carefully ground off the Edelbrock letters on the Victor manifold and then went through the trouble of texturing the sand cast look back on in order to leave it blank like an experimental part with no part number. People would ask: what kind of manifold is that? and I would say: "It's a test mule manifold under development, I'm just trying it out" But if a cool soul that I knew asked or a friend that I wanted to share the 411 with, I would mention the various goods in the car with passion.

Here's my old rear light with only two call outs. The "Casler Cheater" tires - which the car really ran with back in its day- is a real vintage decal and the "Brooklyn Dodges" is a sticker. I'm reapplying another vintage "Casler Cheater" decal and "Brooklyn Dodges" sticker to the new lightweight rear glass. Just keeping it real, that's all.

0-5.jpeg

I have them on mine. I have everything that you'd see on a 70's day-2 look car. When I restored it, I put all the features we had back in the day. I wanted to drive this car like I did in my youth. Under-dash 8-track, anti-theft lock knobs,etc. And, of course, stickers from NY National Speedway and others.

I was just rooting around the shelves full of transmission gears and found a couple of old Liberty Gears decals from about 30 years ago. I set them against the glass and they looked pretty good.
Lee I thought grinding the letters off the intake was part of the diet plan.

I had a green with reflective background sticker similar to this one on the quarter window of my '71 Satellite. :eek:
s-l1200~3.jpg

I was just rooting around the shelves full of transmission gears and found a couple of old Liberty Gears decals from about 30 years ago. I set them against the glass and they looked pretty good.
Lee I thought grinding the letters off the intake was part of the diet plan.
LOL. Never thought of the grams or perhaps ounces that the grinding gifted me back. Just was hell bent on flying under the radar. It worked for years though until guys got hip or other cars were just too fast to even bother to try and fool them.
My "Connecting Highway" and "South Conduit" decals will grace the quarter windows this Spring.

0-5-1.jpeg

0-9.jpeg

This is on the driver side quarter glass of my '72 Satellite. Car was built in the Fenton, Missouri Plant. Perhaps it was shipped to a California dealership. I was going to peel it off but gives the impression I care about emissions :rolleyes:. Other than that no stickers on glass but plenty on the body. New Zealand law is a bit funny about stickers or dark tint on glass.

20240218_171825.jpg

20230105_211436.jpg

This is on the driver side quarter glass of my '72 Satellite. Car was built in the Fenton, Missouri Plant. Perhaps it was shipped to a California dealership. I was going to peel it off but gives the impression I care about emissions :rolleyes:. Other than that no stickers on glass but plenty on the body. New Zealand law is a bit funny about stickers or dark tint on glass.

View attachment 1611302

View attachment 1611305
Man, If I had one of those 71's-72's, I would dare to say: either Cotten Owens or Nichels shop decals would be flying.
I think those '71's'72's RR's- GTX's or Chargers were some of the slickest and handsome Mopar designs ever.

I always thought they were cool back in the day. Gearhead stuff I guess.
Then the ricer kids in the 90's started slapping things on their 120HP hondas for everything imaginable and spent real money to buy those enormous windshield banners that would say the model of car in 12" tall letters. To this day, I can't stand those things. If your car is so mundane and unremarkable you have to put a giant sign on the front so people know what it is you picked the wrong car to try to get attention in.

So I have never participated in the sticker thing on my cars and trucks. Most of them end up on my tool box at work, or traded to fellow gearheads for other gearhead stuff.

Weren’t they a few cars that came from the factory with the scat pack stickers on the quarter glass?

The original owner of my GTX was nearly 50 when he ordered the car, and his age reflected his choice of quarter window decals. He had just two - "Soaring Society of America" and an American flag. A fighter pilot in WWII, he flew gliders and a vintage P51 Mustang for a hobby, and installed a trailer towing package on the car to pull the glider trailer.

I have them on mine. I have everything that you'd see on a 70's day-2 look car. When I restored it, I put all the features we had back in the day. I wanted to drive this car like I did in my youth. Under-dash 8-track, anti-theft lock knobs,etc. And, of course, stickers from NY National Speedway and others.
I did the same with my car, except for the “driving like I did in my youth” part. :lol: . Mines a tribute to the guy and gals that were lucky enough to be alive and enjoying the cars. The q102 sticker was thankfully on it when I got it, that was the rock station in Dallas back in the day, the hooker header one is an original because the new ones have Holleys website on it, kinda ruins the nostalgia look, and the only problem is the glue isn’t sticky, I need to figure out how to put it on permanently

2160717B-4A39-4592-863B-9B56B9F2D1E3.jpeg

I did the same with my car, except for the “driving like I did in my youth” part. :lol: . Mines a tribute to the guy and gals that were lucky enough to be alive and enjoying the cars. The q102 sticker was thankfully on it when I got it, that was the rock station in Dallas back in the day, the hooker header one is an original because the new ones have Holleys website on it, kinda ruins the nostalgia look, and the only problem is the glue isn’t sticky, I need to figure out how to put it on permanently

View attachment 1611433
Love it ..

Weren’t they a few cars that came from the factory with the scat pack stickers on the quarter glass?
Yes, and A/C stickers. Note "Parts Division" I have Chrysler dealer add on A/C

4-12-18 106.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1611302

View attachment 1611305
That sticker makes it look like the 440 was a cleaner engine than the six or small blocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back