• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing wiper motor

Just in case:
Note that if you tried to run the motor in the vehicle with it unbolted, you need to ground it as the little strap that jumpers over the isolators makes the ground to the body.

If you can't loosen up the pivots, why not grind off where they attach to the arm, pry the arm off and try to press the shaft out. You just might be able to clean them up enough to make them useable again. You could possibly resleeve them with a bronze bushing. Weld the arms back on. Y'know ... if they're trash anyway !!
That’s getting medieval . I did see a post where a guy inserted zerks into the pivots to allow grease in and it worked.
Truth is I don’t even drive in the rain, but where I live it can happen without warning as I’m next to the Atlantic Ocean.

That’s getting medieval . I did see a post where a guy inserted zerks into the pivots to allow grease in and it worked.
Truth is I don’t even drive in the rain, but where I live it can happen without warning as I’m next to the Atlantic Ocean.

If rain were the only thing to worry about !!!

Just in case:
Note that if you tried to run the motor in the vehicle with it unbolted, you need to ground it as the little strap that jumpers over the isolators makes the ground to the body.
Thanks, yes I did that whilst testing. Got a spark off the + battery terminal. The motor appears seized solid.

Thanks, yes I did that whilst testing. Got a spark off the + battery terminal. The motor appears seized solid.
Probably the insulation on the motor windings has broken down and it is essentially shorted.
I doubt the armature is seized but it is possible.

The motor appears seized solid.

You can't turn the motor without taking it apart. If you try turning it at the arm end you'll just **** it up.

To "properly" test the motor you have to hook it up according to the FSM.

You can't turn the motor without taking it apart. If you try turning it at the arm end you'll just **** it up.

To "properly" test the motor you have to hook it up according to the FSM.
Sure, I didn’t make any serious effort to turn it, but I did check via the FSM method and it didn’t turn.

Probably the insulation on the motor windings has broken down and it is essentially shorted.
I doubt the armature is seized but it is possible.
Thanks, I’ll take a look at that.

Auto Transport Service
Back