• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repainting my 1966 Coronet 500 Grill - SEM 39063 correct?

SIX TO GO

Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
Got tired of my 66 Coronet 500 not having the two unpainted stripes across the grill like it should so…Ive stripped the black paint off in the applicable areas and want to reshoot the black areas with as close to correct as possible. I think I saw either here in B Bodies (don’t find it searching) or maybe in A or E Bodies that someone recommended SEM 39063. Does this sound like the closest black paint to the original that’s available?
Adding pictures because posts without them are worthless.

image0.jpeg

IMG_7330.jpeg

IMG_7332.jpeg

Got tired of my 66 Coronet 500 not having the two unpainted stripes across the grill like it should so…Ive stripped the black paint off in the applicable areas and want to reshoot the black areas with as close to correct as possible. I think I saw either here in B Bodies (don’t find it searching) or maybe in A or E Bodies that someone recommended SEM 39063. Does this sound like the closest black paint to the original that’s available?
Adding pictures because posts without them are worthless.

View attachment 1534397

View attachment 1534398

View attachment 1534399
I use trim black in certain areas, and like it.

It seems like more of a satin black than gloss to me.
both your headlight bezel picture and my 66 coronet convertibles grill.

It seems like more of a satin black than gloss to me.
both your headlight bezel picture and my 66 coronet convertibles grill.
My man…
This is why forums like this are great. I was looking at it and it seemed right and at the same time it seemed a little off, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.
You’re right, it’s satin.
Just ordered SEM 39143
Thanks all!

IMG_7335.png

Update on progress.
Horrible looking tape job after stripping paint off parts of the grill that are supposed to be exposed on a 500. Shot the inside of turn signals with reflective silver. Then shot the front with trim black, and the end result. Not a big job or a big deal but it now looks like a 500 is supposed to. Much better for my brain.

IMG_7553.jpeg

IMG_7555.jpeg

IMG_7600.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back