• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Defroster Tubes/Hoses

Detroit Iron

Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
'64 Polara 500: Where do you all recommend I buy replacement defroster tubes. I'm talking the ones that go from the heater box to the defroster vents in the dash. I know pretty much anything can be fabricated, but I'd like a direct replacement if it's available.

Forgive my ignorance, would the hoses off a later generation B-body suffice?

Forgive my ignorance, would the hoses off a later generation B-body suffice?

I have no idea. The diameter may be the same, but I seriously doubt the length and shape would be. The OD on the heater box and the vents is 2 1/2".

Last edited:
Oh good, I got another one! Think about it!
13226884_1201753099837705_8000965357365451449_n.jpg
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mopar+defroster+hose&t=h_&ia=web
https://www.google.com/search?sourc...0j0i13j0i13i30j0i13i10i30j0i22i30.4vUaBkljAfw

i ordered some from a place in Oregon or Washington state , for vintage car i was working on
i remember it was lkie oem quality

'64 Polara 500: Where do you all recommend I buy replacement defroster tubes. I'm talking the ones that go from the heater box to the defroster vents in the dash. I know pretty much anything can be fabricated, but I'd like a direct replacement if it's available.
I got mine from Joe Suchy for my 64 Belvedere, so he probably has the ones for your Polara.

' I know pretty much anything can be fabricated, but I'd like a direct replacement if it's available.

So, I give you a shitload of hits, and you have to give me a disagree because your to lazy to do your own work to find what your looking for. Figures it'd be from someone in the Gay Bay!

I read it that your only needing the defrost hose itself. There is really three different alternatives. You can purchase a semi generic style material from say NAPA, but many of the stores require you to purchase a whole roll of material which may be up 25 feet. If your looking for the correct paper style material, AMS Obsolete at 706-337-4606, did have some available. I am not sure if he has any available for the early B applications. The other alternative is purchasing from your favorite vendor who carries the reproduction kits. These kits are readily available as a complete kit, just the vents and nuts or just a plastic style hose. Most vendors seem to typically only stock the complete kits.

NAPA has defroster vent hose hose in bulk. Measure fittings or take a sample and they can fix you up. Got my hoses for my 66 from NAPA.

The parts stores all had the same OD as the heater box and vents, so those wouldn't work. Joe Suchy got me all taken care of. Thanks for all the input!

Auto Transport Service
Back