• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement fender tag

Alan Rush

Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
Hi, i need a replacement fender tag made to order, as mine is lost over the years, i do have the all important broadcast sheet. Iv looked at some threads about this, but most of the company's are no longer. Has anybody recently managed to obtain a repro. Thanks

I have an original one for sale. $80,000.00. You'll have to remove the car that's attached to it.

Hi, i need a replacement fender tag made to order, as mine is lost over the years, i do have the all important broadcast sheet. Iv looked at some threads about this, but most of the company's are no longer. Has anybody recently managed to obtain a repro. Thanks
I have had experience with this. It took a long time, and an in person documentation of the car, which means airfare, rental car, and in your case, would be very expensive. And again, a long time with poking and prodding to finally get it, but the end result was awesome

I was told they can make the tag from the broadcast sheet. That’s what they did for one of my friends

Russ

THose companie are probably closed because of Federal fraud charges. :lol: Unless it's a real A12 car or a Hemi something or other, you really don't need a fender tag.
Whether someone needs one should not matter. If they want one and if it is legal to have one made by an authorized business, why not?
ECS was granted licenses to do this, from what I have read.

No mention of for "what" car, but if it's a Lynch Road car it becomes complicated EVEN IF you have a broadcast sheet as you need a gate number. David Wise will, or at least would, have tags made... but you need everything to verify the car is what it is and in your name.

www.mmcdetroit.com

Every time this question comes up.....

eTFAC4.gif

:rolleyes:

IMHO, a Tag should never be reproduced without an authentic copy/rubbing of the original, that is in such poor condition that it is rendered useless....and therefore should be destroyed, and never used on a car.

There is a guy at the Dodge Charger forum that is making 3D printed plastic plates with fonts that are intentionally different from stock.

I want one for each of my cars. Of course, they will have my own made up codes to reflect the non stock equipment that I have added over the years.
E93 = 493 engine, 440 bored and stroked.
D25 = Tremec 5 speed trans
Etc...

THose companie are probably closed because of Federal fraud charges. :lol: Unless it's a real A12 car or a Hemi something or other, you really don't need a fender tag.
A fender tag (trim tag) is not the same as a vin tag therefore it shouldn’t be illegal to reproduce especially since the broadcast sheet is available to verify the options.

.. and it's not. Nothing illegal about it at all. It's the ones that added codes, like a Daytona we know, that muddied the field...

Every time this question comes up.....

View attachment 1200895

:rolleyes:

IMHO, a Tag should never be reproduced without an authentic copy/rubbing of the original, that is in such poor condition that it is rendered useless....and therefore should be destroyed, and never used on a car.
My tag was removed by myself, and placed in my toolbox for safe keeping. Unfortunately, thieves broke in to my garage and relieved me of said toolbox and other things. My car, being what it is made it important to get a reproduction at almost any cost

My tag was removed by myself, and placed in my toolbox for safe keeping. Unfortunately, thieves broke in to my garage and relieved me of said toolbox and other things. My car, being what it is made it important to get a reproduction at almost any cost
I am not against replication of the tag....it's more about the incorrect details that can (and usually do) get stamped on the new tags.

There have been so many instances of false tags out there....that it is hard to accept a reproduced tag for what it is, or what it represents.

I have never understood why so many people take those tags off and let them get lost. I have been a Mopar hobbyist since I was a kid in the 1970s, and have never lost a tag. The only one I ever removed was on my 67 Coronet, when I repainted the inner fenders. Then, it went right back on... (edit: Well, except for a really cool one I took off of a cop car I sent to the recycler...)

.. and it's not. Nothing illegal about it at all. It's the ones that added codes, like a Daytona we know, that muddied the field...
I am not against replication of the tag....it's more about the incorrect details that can (and usually do) get stamped on the new tags.

There have been so many instances of false tags out there....that is hard to accept a reproduced tag for what it is, or what it represents.
My point exactly.

I saved this from a 75 Dodge C Body cop car, just because I thought the body in white and special paint and mask thing was cool. It was pretty much a marked version of the Blues Bros. car. I wish I had kept it now. (This was in 1984) BUT, I stuffed the cast crank 440 into a 68 Barracuda.....
Cop Car Fender Tag 1975.jpg

Nothing wrong with it Mo, provided it's as originally produced and the temptation to fake inspection markings isn't followed through on. I didn't even paint mine to clearly show it's a copy. I also have 1.5 broadcast sheets to back up the facts..
superbirdcleanup2015-2016 062.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back