• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Positive Battery Cable is so incorrect -- will they ever make one right?

Maxrat

Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
You would think they'd make the correct Positive Battery cable for 1966 Dodge Chargers and Coronets. But they don't. The leads at the battery should be red and black (not red and red), and the leads at the starter relay should be black and brown (not black and red). And, the repro cables mislabeled for 1966 Charger / Coronet are way too long. Come on repro guys --- this one should be easy.

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

Come on repro guys --- this one should be easy.
You would think that the difficult part would be making sure the crimped ends are secure and tidy. :rolleyes:

So many companies these days are building items to be correct, but also be generic for many models. Those two things don't go together well.

And on modern vehicles they provide minimal if that, slack in the cables to change out a battery and other things..

And it is not just the battery cables. I just bought my daughter a car for college and had a block heater put in it. The design of the cord was short and so no means to route so one could plug the car in with the hood down. Yep, in order to plug the car in the hood had to be open. Nope, no way. So I had to make an extension cord that snaked around to a lower part of the grill so she could plug her car in with the hood closed. Not an easy job due to the crammed design of many vehicles these days.

Auto Transport Service
Back