• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reproducing B & E center links

PST

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I would like to get your guys opinions on this one. I am always looking for new products for PST to sell or reproduce and I am toying with the idea of reproducing the center link for the B & E body mopars. We are currently working on getting some quotes to have it reproduced. I would like the members input as this is normally not a wearable item so that is why we are on the edge in reproducing it.

James

I wouldn't think it would be a very good seller James, at least not worth your while anyways. Few reason's IMO...... 1) Easily found part 2) Like mentioned, typically not a wearable item 3) Not an item known to fail 4) No real upgrade to performance, but would still come at a cost 5) A great majority of guys with OEM center links aren't going to swap out their factory bar for something just because it's shiny and new....especially considering a lot of the NOS stuff is superior in fit, function and quality vs. aftermarket (not saying that's the case with P.S.T., just in general)

My 2 cent's...

Good luck which ever route you go.

I wouldn't think it would be a very good seller James, at least not worth your while anyways. Few reason's IMO...... 1) Easily found part 2) Like mentioned, typically not a wearable item 3) Not an item known to fail 4) No real upgrade to performance, but would still come at a cost 5) A great majority of guys with OEM center links aren't going to swap out their factory bar for something just because it's shiny and new....especially considering a lot of the NOS stuff is superior in fit, function and quality vs. aftermarket (not saying that's the case with P.S.T., just in general)

My 2 cent's...

Good luck which ever route you go.

I appreciate the input propwash and I would have to tend to agree, but surprisingly we get a lot of calls through our sales line. But I wanted to here what you guys had to say.

Thanks
James

Yeah, what Prop said.

I don't think it's an item you're going to make much money on. It's a tough call on your part. Maybe people buying a new front end would go for it.

Heck, I have 3 drag links laying around that no one seems to want.....they've been here so long that I don't remember exactly what they came off of! I know one is off an E body....

I would have bought a dropped cross link for more clearance from the oil pan. I had to shim up my motor mounts instead.................MO

- - - Updated - - -

I would have bought a dropped cross link for more clearance from the oil pan. I had to shim up my motor mounts instead.................MO
which reminds me. I purchased generic tie rod end boots from NAPA about a year ago. The car has never been out on the road yet and all the boots have split. Not the cost ,but the work involved to replace that rags me...................MO

I'll second the request for proper tie rod boots, and idler/pittman boots

The OEM ones snap on and stay.

I had to use a generic tie rod boot on my idler arm and it's not a great fit.

While we're at it, my moog branded idler says lubricate every 2000 miles. 2000? That's crazy.
It doesn't have a true boot, just a foam washer. That's why I was trying a tie rod boot.

What's the story on PST idler arms?

I'll second cornpatch on the drop arm. I actually modified mine to have a drop to clear my oil pan. I suspect pro-touring guys keeping a stock type front suspension and trying to put the engine low in the frame will be looking for this.

I know I needed one.

I applaud your willingness to produce an item such as this, but for the reasons Propwash mentioned, likely not worth it.

That said, if you were able to offer alternatives that could help the community with regards to interchangeability or clearance when engine swaps are involved (Although I can't think of a specific need for one), it would be a great foot-hold on the market.

I appreciate everyone's input. The idea of the drop centerlink is a interesting one. Would this be needed for a particular engine setup?

I appreciate everyone's input. The idea of the drop centerlink is a interesting one. Would this be needed for a particular engine setup?

B body with the wrong C-body oil pan.
Myself I get to where I'm tossing B/E center links and keep several on hand.

- - - Updated - - -

which reminds me. I purchased generic tie rod end boots from NAPA about a year ago. The car has never been out on the road yet and all the boots have split. Not the cost ,but the work involved to replace that rags me...................MO
Several years back I bought new Moog ball joints and the boots split within a year and the car wasn't even driven during that time and the car was sitting at ride height.

I put my 5.7 hemi lower in the frame then the tti mounts....actually had to modify mine a touch yesterday...was still touching the oil pan.

In my case (440 in a 64 Dodge B body) I put on a stock looking pan but it had one more quart capacity than stock. The pan just touched the cross link. I would eventually wear a hole. Thanks for being in touch with our forum....................MO

- - - Updated - - -

I'll second the request for proper tie rod boots, and idler/pittman boots

The OEM ones snap on and stay.

I had to use a generic tie rod boot on my idler arm and it's not a great fit.

While we're at it, my moog branded idler says lubricate every 2000 miles. 2000? That's crazy.
It doesn't have a true boot, just a foam washer. That's why I was trying a tie rod boot.

What's the story on PST idler arms?
Can you still get the OEM strap on boots for mid 60's Mopars?
I like the idea of not having to dis- assemble to put the strap on boots. Any other solutions?............................MO

If you can somehow make the centerlink lighter but still have the strength of the all steel one, there would be a market for that for us protouring guys - man they are heavy!

Auto Transport Service
Back