• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction MOPAR Group 27 Red Cap Battery

MLB12

Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone had occasion to disassemble one of these batteries?

If so, does the top or bottom of the enclosure come off?

Also, is it glued or snapped together?

My 16 year old battery has finally given up the ghost, and to buy one of these landed in Canada in Canadian funds will be close to $600.00, so if I can replace the interior battery it'll save me a ton of cash.

You need to check in more often..lol... I've shown it twice now how to gut and install an Odyssey PC925 inside. The case is bonded together. I've done both by opening the bottom, but if I do another one I'm going to run it thru a bandsaw right below the case tops lip.

You need to check in more often..lol... I've shown it twice now how to gut and install an Odyssey PC925 inside. The case is bonded together. I've done both by opening the bottom, but if I do another one I'm going to run it thru a bandsaw right below the case tops lip.

No kidding! I've been remiss in my duties as a faithful B Body owner. I shall endeavour to improve....

Thanks for the quick feedback, tis appreciated.

One difference from my situation to yours though, it appears you started with a lead acid reproduction, whereas my reproduction has an AGM in it, so I've got to figure out how to get the enclosure apart. I'm hoping to do it without any cutting.

I just took a look on Amazon.ca and there are a number of PC925s, differentiated through their suffixes.

You being a battery guru, do you have any idea what the various differences are??

Cheapest place to order an Odyssey in Canada is from saskbattery.com Free shipping even... I'm at camp so a bit handicapped. I bought the correct one the first time... pretty sure I ordered the same the 2nd time but was shipped a different version. Let me see if I can find my other battery build.

Walmart Group 27 battery with WeskCar cap and label kit.

P1090282.JPG

P3030019.JPG

P1090284.JPG

I just now went to their website, scrolled down through their products, and it was there.

Auto Transport Service
Back