• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Woodgrain Steering Wheel

Lionized

Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
For those who are considering making this purchase. Don't.
I could get over the polished spokes, in time, so I made the plunge. What a horrible pos. Made in China label was the first thing visible after unboxing. From there it proceed to get worse. Woodgrain has no texture, spokes are unfinished on the back and the trim ring is rough.
I expected more for my money. I suppose I shouldn't. The biggest joke is the OER tape used to seal the box!

View attachment 20170222_180737.jpg View attachment 20170222_180919.jpg View attachment 20170222_180807.jpg

WOW...what bullshit! I'd demand a refund.

More repop junk.......I would be sending that back!

Sorry, to hear that but thanks for sharing!

WOW...what bullshit! I'd demand a refund.
I've emailed the vendor and let them know I'm rather upset. They even say on their site that they use these parts on their Mopars! I asked to see pictures of this wheel installed on one of their cars.

I had a vendor at Carlisle ask me why I don't by more from him.He said "I can get anything you want". My reply " If you had it here,and I can see it and hold it in my hands". Nothing worse than being disappointed when you open a shipping box.

I went with a Grant 967-0 Classic Series wheel because I wanted a wooden wheel on my 71 charger. Pretty happy with that.

**update**
So, after waiting and hearing nothing from the vendor regarding my complaint I figured I had nothing to lose. I ended up brushing the spokes quite simply using WD-40 and a red Scotch Brite pad. What a great finish.
All is not lost. I still do not recommend the purchase but it is certainly a salvageable piece.

Finally slowed down long enough to take a picture!

20170712_175758.jpg

Bought an aftermarket "chrome" side mirror (among other things) for my Dad's 1990 Dodge Diesel pickup after I rolled it doing 3 MPH on a ranch road. This was year 2000. A year later, the mirror (identical in appearance to the chrome driver's side factory mirror) was a rust bucket. The left side factory mirror was still good as new.

Bought an aftermarket "chrome" side mirror (among other things) for my Dad's 1990 Dodge Diesel pickup after I rolled it doing 3 MPH on a ranch road. This was year 2000. A year later, the mirror (identical in appearance to the chrome driver's side factory mirror) was a rust bucket. The left side factory mirror was still good as new.
You certainly do not get what you pay for these days!

First checkpoint is "is it made in China?" If it is run, don't walk.

Should be a law, all merchandise made in China must be advertised that way. (Personally, I prefer a law prohibiting selling products from a communist country).

I had one just like that in my barracuda, the "wood" actually came loose on it after a few weeks. I had to have it exchanged. Second one was ok. Different seller, same wheel.

750.00 for all wow, that sucks, but after wd 40 trick, do you think its worth it? hard to find a good one, I've been looking for a while still holding out. people want close to that for and original with pitting on the spokes

750.00 for all wow, that sucks, but after wd 40 trick, do you think its worth it? hard to find a good one, I've been looking for a while still holding out. people want close to that for and original with pitting on the spokes
I'd recommend simply having your wheel restored by someone reputable. If you do not have a wheel to get restored, they're available.
The "brushed" look that I applied using WD40 certainly passes my scrutiny and the spokes look far better than they did.

Auto Transport Service
Back