• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rescued a couple '64 Sport Furys this weekend.

Outlaw525

Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Well, one so far. Found these on a ranch about 5 miles away, made a deal and started the recovery process which included moving about a half ton of hay, cutting down a tree and moving the wall brace for the barn. The blue car was a 383 car and has no major rust. The brown car is a y block car with a solid cowl but will need quarters. Both have complete but rough interiors and the trunk is full of trim. We got the blue car home and cleaned up. Going back for the brown car, a pickup load of extra parts and a '67 383 this weekend.

KIMG3117 (2).JPG
KIMG3118 (1).JPG
KIMG3171.JPG
KIMG3192.JPG

Just goes to show you they're still out there!

And just five miles from home :rolleyes:

Looks like the blue one might have had a little racing history?

I'd be tempted to get that blue one running and drive it as is.

Did you get a good hood? Looks like both of those are creased.

Are those vintage Halibrands on the front of the blue one?

Just goes to show you they're still out there!

And just five miles from home :rolleyes:

Looks like the blue one might have had a little racing history?
Are those vintage Halibrands on the front of the blue one?
It was just a street car with stock 383. It had stock 14" wheels with rotted tires. The wheels are ones that I had stashed, the fronts are Rocket repops for my Willys.

I'd be tempted to get that blue one running and drive it as is.

Did you get a good hood? Looks like both of those are creased.
With some interior work, I think it would be a great candidate for exactly that. There was a good hood and extra front fenders stacked on the blue car.

Last edited:
You never know what's hiding behind closed doors.

Well, one so far. Found these on a ranch about 5 miles away, made a deal and started the recovery process which included moving about a half ton of hay, cutting down a tree and moving the wall brace for the barn. The blue car was a 383 car and has no major rust. The brown car is a y block car with a solid cowl but will need quarters. Both have complete but rough interiors and the trunk is full of trim. We got the blue car home and cleaned up. Going back for the brown car, a pickup load of extra parts and a '67 383 this weekend.

View attachment 1429128View attachment 1429129View attachment 1429130View attachment 1429131
do you have an extra horizontal trunk trim ? it’s about 58 inches long and is above the trunk lock and below the R/W/B emblem

Fantastic FIND and rescue! I'm envious.

Sweet find and east of the Cascades. If those had been on the other side of the mountains.....well, you know.

Auto Transport Service
Back