• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring a 1968 Charger in Denmark - And oh, the questions :-D

Chryslerdude

Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello good B-Body people!

Advancing from the welcome wagon, I would like to start asking for some advise in regards to various parts, that I am searching in this early stage of restoring "The Beast".

Question number one:

My trunk floor pan is beyond salvage, while the rest of the car seems surprisingly solid. Apparently, there are two versions of the trunk floor: The 68's built in 1967, and early 1968 produced Chargers has one type (with a slightly narrower/longer "filler pipe cutout", and two extra holes), and somewhere in 68' and onward to 1970, this cut out got shorter, and wider, and two holes was cancelled.

My Charger is the early model, and although it was my plan to buy from AMD, it seemed like they don't make the correct one for my car, but only the "later version".

This forced me to search other options, and in th process, I read some comments regarding both sheet thickness, and "fitment issues", with both Goodmark, and Sherman.. but then, I found THIS one from Classic industries. I wrote and asked if it was AMD, and it's not.. it was "overseas", where ever that is.. :eek:

..However, the guy kindly answering my question ensured, that "the tolerances are within 1/1000th of an inch of the original metal thickness"...

I have both read and heard so many recommendations to go with AMD, but on the other hand, I like the correct one for my car, so I need to ask:

Did anyone here try these "Overseas Classic Industries body panels / pans"?

Question number two:

I have another potential screw-up, that I need clarified. I bought a complete (minus air filter case) Six pack setup recently, for the Charger instead of the Demon 750, that's on there now.
I like the 3 carb setup (and cautiously hope, to to save a little fuel in the process). The seller (a Danish Mopar friend), kept the air filter to modify for his after market injection installation. (No worries, it was reproduced case) :icon_fU:

Not knowing a hell of a lot about Six Pack's, I just googled "six pack air filter", and from the results, I got the impression that there might be two different types of filter cases / housings. I might be imagining this, but some was referred to as "Airgrabber" (Seen HERE), while others was "Six Pack cold air filter" (seen HERE).

Now, these might be the same, but I need to ask just to make sure. There's a pretty wide "river" to cross, in case I need a swap.

As I know what the "Air grabber" is, and KNOW that I don't have that, I tried to order the one described as "Six pack - cold air", but everywhere I tried to order the filter case with that description, it seems to be on back order, so now I wonder if someone would be kind enough to clarify, if they in fact are the same or not, and if then.. if one might be better suited, than the other?
Thanks in advance.. :thankyou:

440 Kind greetings !

Welcome! Nice 68! They rule! Wish mine was in that good of shape when I got it.. Sry can't answer your questions.

Welcome! Nice 68! They rule! Wish mine was in that good of shape when I got it.. Sry can't answer your questions.
Thanks man.. :icon_fU:
Yes, I was really lucky with this one.. and I am proud and honored to be the owner. The condition of the body is really good, but there's much to do before paint.. not only prep work, and but also regarding the color choice. Most of the time, I'm pretty much set on keeping it white, as it is the original color, and actually it has grown on me (but if I do the white, it would be with added fine metal effect), and I am keeping the vinyl roof, but I also think such a beautiful body deserves a color, that would bring out the contours of the body, in the best possible way...

I could be wrong but I think the Classic Industries they may be referring to is in Canada. Otherwise we have one in California.

If you stick with white and want some additional flair to the color I would go with the Lexus Pearl White which is on their 2003 and later cars. It's a fantastic white that I have on my own Lexus. I painted my GTX a Garnett Pearl which is a deep Pearl maroon from 2003 Lexus. Spectacular color. Just painted it last year. My original color is a maroon from 1968. I wanted to dress it up as well.

I could be wrong but I think the Classic Industries they may be referring to is in Canada. Otherwise we have one in California.

If you stick with white and want some additional flair to the color I would go with the Lexus Pearl White which is on their 2003 and later cars. It's a fantastic white that I have on my own Lexus. I painted my GTX a Garnett Pearl which is a deep Pearl maroon from 2003 Lexus. Spectacular color. Just painted it last year. My original color is a maroon from 1968. I wanted to dress it up as well.

Thnx a lot for the suggestion. Actually, I looked at some paint chip cards about a year ago, at the local Toyota dealer (Toyo-dealars are also selling Lexus here), and I fell in love with one of the metalic white's.. would be fun if it was the same color.

I need to send the order tomorrow latest, so the parts can make it to the container going here next friday.. so if I don't get any warnings, I'm going to order the Classic trunk pan.. Anywyas, I am off to bed.. it's 3:38 here..

Thanks for the input !

:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back