• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reverb radio units anyone?

Hosehead

Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, my 65 belvedere build sheet says my car came with a reverb unit. I found the unit under the package tray but I have read that there should be a knob to the left of the gauges that controls it. Mine is, of course, missing. Anyone have a pic of one of these knobs? Or know how rare and/or expensive they are? And lastly, could you get them on any radio? Anyone who could school me on these things would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

Hey guys, my 65 belvedere build sheet says my car came with a reverb unit. I found the unit under the package tray but I have read that there should be a knob to the left of the gauges that controls it. Mine is, of course, missing. Anyone have a pic of one of these knobs? Or know how rare and/or expensive they are? And lastly, could you get them on any radio? Anyone who could school me on these things would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

Find a junk 65 Monaco,it was standard equipment on all of them,was a pull down knob on bottom of dash to the right of the steering column..

I hated reverbs. Didn't take me long to get rid of THAT fab. All they were was a fader/ switch that routed the reverb through the fader/ rear speaker. Sounded exactly like what they were -- a cat's tail caught in a screen door spring.

On my 65cornet 500 the knob looks just like the radios volume control an it is mounted on the lower dash just to the right of the ash tray. The switch pulled down to turn on the reverb and twisted to increase the reverb effect sounds great when i played gary wrights frankenstine song at full blast.

It had a 4 wire harness that ran from a 4 pin din like plug from the reverb to the switch and power was tapped off the positive of the radio and ground was through the case where it was scewed to the package tray. You could use a reostat for the reverb and seperate single pole single through switch for the power just until you can find the original switch and stuff radio shack sells. Now if you had two reverb boxes like i have you can make it sterio with a fm radio. Thats so you can double the cats tail in the screen door effect.

Last edited:
I just found this in the garage today. came out of a 66 Coronet 500

Attachments

• reverb.jpg
    reverb.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 249
  • reverb2.jpg
    reverb2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 242
Auto Transport Service
Back