• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reverse Lights Stay on

thanks -don't know what's wrong, The guy said its the correct rooster comb and it does work but I can't screw the switch in all the way

thanks -don't know what's wrong, The guy said its the correct rooster comb and it does work but I can't screw the switch in all the way
The gasket or seal is on the switch?

Yes I tried a few nylon washers to bring the neutral safety switch out a little bit and found one that works so the reverse lights work as they should and its tight in the case, Monday ill add fluid hopefully no leaks

Yes I tried a few nylon washers to bring the neutral safety switch out a little bit and found one that works so the reverse lights work as they should and its tight in the case, Monday ill add fluid hopefully no leaks
Well they work so I guess that is good. However something is either wrong with that switch or the comb. Its possible the switch got damaged messing around with it.

could be im gonna cross my fingers there's no leaks and ill be happy over 2 years working on this car and almost done

I put a nylon washer on the neutral safety switch as well as the original to keep if backed out a bit that seemed to work and the light worked when in reverse. I put fluid in today and when I went to start it and she's dead nothing I took the yellow wire off the starter relay and hooked up a wire from that connector to the battery ground which I think bypasses the neutral safety switch and she's still dead no cranking nothing. Dash is getting power and ignition switch is new. Jumped the starter relay with a screw driver and she cranks My 2 year headache. Any ideas. Thanks for the help

I put a nylon washer on the neutral safety switch as well as the original to keep if backed out a bit that seemed to work and the light worked when in reverse. I put fluid in today and when I went to start it and she's dead nothing I took the yellow wire off the starter relay and hooked up a wire from that connector to the battery ground which I think bypasses the neutral safety switch and she's still dead no cranking nothing. Dash is getting power and ignition switch is new. Jumped the starter relay with a screw driver and she cranks My 2 year headache. Any ideas. Thanks for the help
Screw the switch in the right way without the plastic spacer and see what happens

Ok ill do it tomorrow thanks for the help this is driving me nuts this car

I took the washer off and the car starts but the reverse lights still don't come on but that's how im leaving it, thanks for the help

I took the washer off and the car starts but the reverse lights still don't come on but that's how im leaving it, thanks for the help
Do you have pictures of the old and the replacement rooster comb? Its possible that switch is damaged.

Auto Transport Service
Back