• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RH mirror location

dcmason69

Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
Adding a RH sport mirror to a 69 Coronet, does any body know the correct location of mirror ?
Distance from front ede of door back to front edge base of mirror the same as LH side or different?
Hoping that somebody has researched this before and can help me out.

Thank You
dcmason69

Reconsider. It has very little usefulness. C Pillar visibilty is pretty good for lane changes.
Wish I had 2 less holes in my passenger door. Plus it pitted ip. I drilled what I thought were marked anchors inside the door, and the vent glass bumps the mirror when opening. Be very careful with placement if you do this.

Thanks for the input:
I will consider this, I have just gotten use to using a RH mirror
In process of doing car, at present doors are off and are shells just trying to get all fitting done before it goes to paint

Reconsider. It has very little usefulness. C Pillar visibilty is pretty good for lane changes.
Wish I had 2 less holes in my passenger door. Plus it pitted ip. I drilled what I thought were marked anchors inside the door, and the vent glass bumps the mirror when opening. Be very careful with placement if you do this.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The original mirrors come with a thick plastic wedge and will work correctly. The repops just come with a rubber seal.

I added a right hand mirror on my '67. (Driving trucks all my life, I'm just used to using mirrors on anything I drive, so I had to have one). As dcmason69 said it is almost useless because the visibility is too obscured.... if installed in the correct location.

But.... I installed mine to where the mirror is not obscured by the wing window or the pillar (it's back a little farter than it should be and it works great) There's no interference whatsoever, and I can see all of it and it makes the car look better.

I always thought only one mirror looked stupid on any vehicle
DSCN1071.JPG
KIMG2401.JPG
. Even though mine is not in the correct location, no one will ever notice. Heck, I don't even notice and I put it there. So, unless it's a show car that's going to be strictly judged, I would do it. I'm real happy with mine and it's actually useful now.

The problem with yours is it's disassembled. You will want the door on and have someone hold it while you are in the driver's seat. Not sure if you want to drill holes in your brand new paint.

Good luck on your project and Merry Christmas!

Not sure if 69 is the same as 67, but 67 is exactly the same on both sides.

As referenced on my original paint 67 wagon with factory dual mirrors.

My 69 has them mirror imaged on the other door and with the wedge it clears the vent window fine.

I just today sent this pic to kiwi to answer the same question,clears wing window

IMG_9571.JPG

Car in shop. I do know that whatever the material is st the base, it bleeds onto the paint. I will get back to you. Every aspect of the rh mirror install was a disaster for me:
1 limited use
2 bumps wing
3 pitted in a few years
4 black smudging weeps from base gasket
5 2 more holes in the car

The factory mirror on the drivers door looks as good as it did on 5/28/1969 when the boys on Lynch Road screwed it on.

Car in shop. I do know that whatever the material is st the base, it bleeds onto the paint. I will get back to you. Every aspect of the rh mirror install was a disaster for me:
1 limited use
2 bumps wing
3 pitted in a few years
4 black smudging weeps from base gasket
5 2 more holes in the car

The factory mirror on the drivers door looks as good as it did on 5/28/1969 when the boys on Lynch Road screwed it on.
sorry to hear that you are having issues with RH mirror, I am use to all my other cars that have one and would liked to add one to my coronet
Thank You again for your input I appreciate all the infor

Auto Transport Service
Back