• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richard Rawlings buys a Superbird.

I’m sure you’ve heard Chevy made X amount of 427 Corvettes. And there’s XX amount left. That’s not false. :D

They are much easier to produce than our Mopars with the 5th digit in the VIN.

I read somewhere a Ford guy said about Mopars and matching numbers… “why do you guys make it so hard on yourselves?”

Big block corvettes and chevelles. There’s more “originals” now then ever before!

I'm not a newbie and during the years I've seen silliness gone to seed over how many angels can dance on the head of MOPAR wrist pin.
Endless debates.
And when the only original metal on the finished car is the roof.
Or the only original parts left contain the "numbers" but it's approved by the correct people.
As far as I know the only unique part on any car is the vin tag. (In the cars under consideration)
The only item that could not be reproduce. (Legally)

Note that I said emphasis and not "importance" or "significance".
Curious.
Please pick one of these on the post 1968 Chrysler car you are hypothetically going to buy.
1. Original matching motor with a replaced left trunk gutter.
2. Non-original motor but with the original left trunk gutter.
No option "3" allowed.
(Do we transfer the number the new gutter? )

I've seen 1969 cars that didn't have the core support number and yet appeared original.
So, I've got my doubts that Superbirds have the that distinction without exception.
Others have found that IIRC.
Documented wrong year wheels on a car in Oregon rings a bell.
Or a legitimate yet mis-stamped engine block.
Rebody just seems a meaningless buzz word many times in 50 year old cars.
With money or the law involved. (Or ego?)
Understanding that there is the sentimental/emotional component to them.
I would take the original gutter number with a date correct replacement engine. Knowing it’s mostly original sheet metal is very important to me. Knowing how mane engines were blown up over the years the block isn’t that important to me. Obviously I prefer to have both.

We're going to have to cut 3" bands out of these perfect, original quarter panels on the (formerly) six figure car, because we ordered the wrong size wheels and they don't fit.

It looks like Richard unfortunately sold the Superbird in his latest video he posted an hour ago. He also bought a collection of about 30 cars, and he's got some NICE Mopars. 3 being HEMI's, and one being a white A990 car. Start at 9:25 if you wanna skip the rest though and just see the Superbird sell.....

Bought it for $200K and sold it for $175K does not sound like a very profitable ownership of the car
Hope his youtube chanel made up for it in the over all picture

Good! you know it was going to be sold, it’s how he operates.

Auto Transport Service
Back