• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right hand side mirror

A 4" round concave spot mirror fit my 66 perfectly on the driver's side. Never did get one a mirror for the passenger side. Even use the 4" spots on my 97 2500 and on the passenger side of both of the 1gen Dakota Sport mirrors with a 2" on the driver's side. Just wish other drivers would learn how to use their mirrors instead of relying on their damn alerts.
Yes, wish they would, and believe it or not, our heads are mounted on our necks which rotate. Like shooting guns, "press checks are free", driving "head checks are free".

A 4" round concave spot mirror fit my 66 perfectly on the driver's side. Never did get one a mirror for the passenger side. Even use the 4" spots on my 97 2500 and on the passenger side of both of the 1gen Dakota Sport mirrors with a 2" on the driver's side. Just wish other drivers would learn how to use their mirrors instead of relying on their damn alerts.
using the car in the uk you need the right side all the time
i ended up buying aftermarket with more functional glass

C6CAD993-B0CF-47E4-A018-62E47A8F7EC9.png

73594625-5AB0-4771-8525-9B835250BD97.jpeg

52AEC4D0-FC22-41CC-A701-5300FF476FF7.jpeg

Last edited:
using the car in the uk you need the right side all the time
i ended up buying aftermarket with more functional glass
I can understand that since y'all are driving on the 'wrong' side of the road all the time :D

I bought a right hand remote mirror that came from a right hand drive car but I hesitate to drill a hole in the upper door metal for the control.

Fatties-Round Mirror Replacement Glass 4-3/8"
Fatties round CONVEX mirror glass can be used as a replacement for your flat glass. Glue over top or break out the old and install with RTV Silicone Adhesive. Sold Individually.

Fatties round CONVEX mirror glass can be used as a replacement for your flat glass. Glue over top or break out the old and install with RTV Silicone Adhesive. Sold Individually.
Rather not break out the old glass unless it's junk. The 4" spots I used come with 'stickem' on the back side (works well on 4" round mirrors) and it doesn't fall off but can be removed if needed without much trouble.

C bodies had passenger remote mirrors available , I suggest getting a manual mirror.
I have 2 A Bodies and if I remember correctly, the c body remotes had a long control cable that started on the dash. Correct me if I am wrong.

Most C body remote pass mirrors were controlled from the top of the pass door (just like a B body driver's remote)

Not sure when C body switched, but B body got dash mount joystick control about 1975.
(...and the mount completely changed)

My guess would be the C body got that when the body style changed a model year or 2 before the B did.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]
Don’t want to resurrect a thread but thanks for the awesome idea! I love driving on weekends and new car drivers are nuts and don’t realize about blind spots! No matter how many times I’d check by turning around, someone would zip in right next to me at merges. So I took your idea, measured and added a right hand mirror and got the convex mirror you mention above. I just glued it on with rtv adhesive. Is it perfect looking? Eh, maybe, but what a difference! I tried just the stock mirror and it was almost pointless. But that convex mirror makes it like a modern car and much more safe in traffic.

IMG_6852.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

On b-bodies The 1968-1970 RH mirror was mounted behind the wing frame making it impossible to see down the side of the car.

1966-1967 they were forward and you look through the wing window at the mirror and you can see down the side of the car, much better.

On b-bodies The 1968-1970 RH mirror was mounted behind the wing frame making it impossible to see down the side of the car.

1966-1967 they were forward and you look through the wing window at the mirror and you can see down the side of the car, much better.
Good point! I had a 67 4 door dart as a beater in the 80s and I remember the mirror being forward of the vent window, almost to the fender. But when a passenger would crack the window to let smoke out (every girl I dated smoked back then), I remember thinking it was obstructing my mirror. Maybe that's why they moved it.

I sat in the driver’s seat of our Charger and moved the passenger mirror with tape until I could use it well. Then I could get the best advantage of the mirror. This is the one of the few cosmetic changes I have done to the car.

Sometime during the 68-70 production both mirrors moved back a considerable distance, while keeping the same relative distance on each side from the leading edge of the door.

This causes the driver to turn their head quite a bit more, in order to see the mirrors.

...and if you can see the side of the car in the passenger mirror, you can not see the blind spot, which IMO is surely the intent of the mirror on that side in the first place.

Don’t want to resurrect a thread but thanks for the awesome idea! I love driving on weekends and new car drivers are nuts and don’t realize about blind spots! No matter how many times I’d check by turning around, someone would zip in right next to me at merges. So I took your idea, measured and added a right hand mirror and got the convex mirror you mention above. I just glued it on with rtv adhesive. Is it perfect looking? Eh, maybe, but what a difference! I tried just the stock mirror and it was almost pointless. But that convex mirror makes it like a modern car and much more safe in traffic.

View attachment 1484543

View attachment 1484546
So is it domed? Would you add one to both mirrors?
Happy to help.

Yes it is domed. I personally would keep the driver’s side normal.
That’s what I did. Left the drivers side alone and put the convex on the passenger mirror. Took it for a drive today in decent traffic for over an hour and it was really a huge difference.

Auto Transport Service
Back