• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ripped off on a car purchase by a member

Some guy in a Peterbilt will be telling his buddies about how he scored this great HOOD well getting fuel at a Pilot Travel Center :lol:
He swapped it to a crackhoe for a sucknblow She now has a roof over her cardboard box. And it has cool air scoops.

A Ramcharger hood falling out of the sky,is something I can only dream of! Can you make mine one for a 71 Charger R / T!

Wow what crap! I've felt with this stuff before it's not fun! Here's another ? Was the cars title in his name? Sounds to me he's flipping cars without a dealers licence witch is very illegal irs will want to speak with him on that!
Good luck is all I will say because if / when this go's to court this thread will be evidence !
Hope the right thing is done!!!

At this point in the game? Who knows. It could have flown off, or been stolen. It could have not been on the car when it was picked up. What seems to be coming to light is that the shipper and the seller have some sort of relationship. I've had a few things shipped and delivered, and NEVER has the shipper been unable to produce photos of when the car was picked up. And guess what? the seller didn't take any either. Something stinks. Unfortunately I stepped in it. As stated before, lets all keep the thread professional.
I do local towing/transport work with many high end cars.I take pic's,,,,,especially the chin spoiler as a condition report!

6.1.16 013.jpg 6.1.16 014.jpg 6.1.16 017.jpg 6.1.16 019.jpg 6.1.17 012.jpg 6.1.17 013.jpg 6.1.17 014.jpg 6.1.17 015.jpg 6.1.17 046.jpg 6.13.15 007.jpg

Last edited:
I was hauling my dart home the day I bought it. And my buddy was like is the rear glass in the car? I was like yea sure it is. About another mile down the road I looked back and thought man that glass is really clean.. Well, it was gone.. I assume it took flight about 5 miles out of that guys yard.. Completely my fault should have backed the car on the trailer.. It had no windshield so it was just a huge air dam on the inside and blew the glass out. This is probably what happened to the hood.
Was that a ram charger hood?
A Ramcharger hood falling out of the sky,is something I can only dream of! Can you make mine one for a 71 Charger R / T!
yeap....total Nonsense it blew off and got lost......

That would be an easy item to resell.....

He said it had two scoops, so I thought it was. It could be a flat hood with the scoops added.

He said it had two scoops, so I thought it was.
It has the scoops but there are no pics of the underside......it may have the ram charger unit....it may not but it has the scoops......

An easy resell.....just saying.....

seems like the phrase FLIPPER
should be used here

including all the semi-professional parts sellers/parts FLIPPERS
(with no business license, but selling everything under the sun, daily, skirting the law, IRS
those here, making a living, exploiting the members, buying & reselling stuff etc.)

on many of these types of sites, have FREE ADVERT/Classifieds
some people really exploit that
some are 'good guys/gals', some just need a little extra cash
some aren't so 'good guys/gals', exploiting, profiting off our membership
you really need to be careful whom you choose to deal with

buyer & seller beware

many can/will have several aliases (users names) too

legit buyers/sellers need to protect themselves too
don't do stupid **** like 'friend & family' to avoid fees
or being a cheap *** & not buying insurance of shipped items
there's all kinds of unscrupulous people out there
y'all need to be careful, do it the right way
think about what you're doing

it always seems to come back & bite people in the proverbial ***

if they (member selling stuff)
#1 don't have a good presence on these sites
#2 or little to no feedback
#3 little to no post count or not known well by others etc.
#4 or a newer member,
#5 anyone that only posts in the Marketplace forums
#6 you (to protect yourself) really need to do some 'due diligence'
1st & foremost
#7 the sellers need to do the same, bad people on both sides,
'unfortunately', we see these types of posts way too often
#8 if it's a larger purchase, then go look at it in person
or pay someone or pay a professional to go look at it for you
or get a fellow local member, possibly to go look at it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Some/most of the above applies to the members/buyers too

even then, some people just do this ****
some are just ignorant, maybe don't know any better,
some do it fraudulently too, full well knowing exactly what they are doing
the good people/good honest members will always make it good,
if it's a legit beef, not just some cheap *** complaining
because he has sellers/buyers remorse
we've also seen that here too

save yourself all the grief on both side
sellers &/or buyers

that's all I have to say about the subject

y'all have a nice day now

Last edited:
Michael has just stopped responding to my texts, and claims he cannot talk, at work. I know nothing can be fixed tonight, but my next call is my credit card company. Here i sit, the sucker, out almost 7k for a pile. Really perplexed. From a member here? I know there are bad apples everywhere.
My advice is to talk to your Credit Card company and claim it was a Fraudulent Transaction, based on absolute mis-representation of the goods purchased. The bank will at least have this logged, as the window of opportunity to take action is usually only 42 days.
Sadly there is nothing that the Mods can do, short of banning bad apples, but we would need to have at least heard from the second party to begin with.

Keep me informed privately if you wish. :thumbsup:

Found the one on the trunk lip. And recorded earlier. We all know by now, but guess what? Not.even.close. Will look on the core support in the am. It’s heavily painted, so may not show up without some effort.
A call out to the Law Enforcement agency in your area might get some interest - tampering with VIN details and then on-selling - isn't that a felony?

A call out to the Law Enforcement agency in your area might get some interest - tampering with VIN details and then on-selling - isn't that a felony?
Big problems if the body numbers don’t match the vin plate.........

Feds apply here......

@GTXKID member since August. 19 posts, all for sale posts....
In other words, not exactly what I'd call representative of FBBO members -
he came here to unload stuff.
My car dealer friends used to preach it to me all the time:
"Never buy a car sight-unseen. If you can't lay your hands on it yourself, pay
someone professional to go do it for you - or don't buy it."
Another JTS member. (Join To Sell)

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good that can come out of this thread is that I read GTX post "fawk, I'm out my car and my money" !

Auto Transport Service
Back