• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rivet tool for plastic window rivet

6769Mopars

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
I removed and replaced the door glass in my 69 Road Runner hardtop. Everything is back together and the rivet is positioned in the glass. What tool can I use to set the rivet given that the head is facing the outside of the door and the angle is going to be a challenge. Of course, an obvious question is should I reverse the rivet and have the head facing the inside of the door?

Need the advice of anyone who has worked with this plastic rivet. Thanks!

I don;t recall putting the new ones in facing that way, but maybe I did. They were assembled out of the door originally. Maybe a set of channel locks and a gentle touch

I'm thinking I have the lift bracket backwards and that if I reverse it (and the rivet), I should be able to do what you suggest.

I pulled the door panel from the other side and I have everything matching so I did it right. All I need to do is set the darn plastic rivet!

Got it! I'm embarrassed at how simple it was. If I can help anyone else who is replacing glass, just ask.

Missed this. All you should have done is to push the center pin on the rivet.

Auto Transport Service
Back