• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road idiots!

There are 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 people that get killed in Houston weekly street racing late models. Maybe us old muscle car guys are smarter in our old age!???/

Heh!!! What annoys me is post like this that seem to be forever on going. I, when I have had my ride out, couldn't care a Rat's Patooty about what others around me are attempting to do as they try and get in my general space and my attention. I am more focused on paying attention to my driving and my surroundings then some Jack Wad vying for attention. Now my pet peeve is rally only one...What the FOOK is a turn signal for??? 99% seem to ignore their use ever!!! Why is that??? I for the like of me haven't a clue but it is obviously a fact. That is what pisses me off to no end!!! Use them!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
Lemme toss over a story about turn signaling since ya brought it up. Living in WI I had to do biz around the chi-town burbs on occasion and had relations there. The IL tollway has always been a hoot. It’s mostly 55MPH, but flow of traffic is often 75 and some convoys going 85+. People darting in and out like nuts…rarely signaling. One time had to facilitate a meeting for a client in Milwaukee bringing a group in from Chicago. Since I had to make da intro’s, with the group arriving in their spanking new BMW’s and Audi’s, decided to ask the group “Do your vehicles in IL come with a little lever on the left side of the steering column”? Silence as they gave me a weird look. Then one of them says “What…the blinker?” I replied, “Yes – that’s it…so you DO have those huh?” More pause. Then I said “Was just wondering cuz when I drive around Chicago, I seldom see anyone using it.” A couple of them chuckled and a couple I don’t think found it amusing. I laughed saying “Look, no offense people, since I was handed the duty of starting our meeting, thought this would be a nice ice-breaker…a switch, pun intended, from talking about the Bears and Packers.” Ok, I knew a couple of the people pretty well having worked with them at the same company at one time, so they could tell the others on their way home, thinking I was an asshole, I’m really just a fun-loving sort of asshole, lol.

My pet peeve is tailgaters; happened other morning driving my '63 with the top down. This young gal's face I can see clearly in my mirror she was so close. I was driving pert near 10 over the limit as it was. I put my hands up like WDF ya doing. She backed off for a few seconds then same ****. Again put a hand up; nope no reaction. THIS happens frequently. Sometimes I think people must think an old ride is in their way of their more important business driving their SUV's or rice grinders even though I'm already 5 or 10 over the limit.
Saw a great bumpersticker regarding tailgating...on a woman's car! It said "if you're gonna be riding my ***, at least pull my hair".

I taught my daughters NOT to tailgate - your at the complete mercy of the driver ahead or what they might encounter in front of them they may not see...and it can piss some people off. Road rage today isn't what it used to be with some people armed that shouldn't be.

There are 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 people that get killed in Houston weekly street racing late models. Maybe us old muscle car guys are smarter in our old age!???/
Those of us who survived our own youthful "activities", sure. :)

Lemme toss over a story about turn signaling since ya brought it up. Living in WI I had to do biz around the chi-town burbs on occasion and had relations there. The IL tollway has always been a hoot. It’s mostly 55MPH, but flow of traffic is often 75 and some convoys going 85+. People darting in and out like nuts…rarely signaling. One time had to facilitate a meeting for a client in Milwaukee bringing a group in from Chicago. Since I had to make da intro’s, with the group arriving in their spanking new BMW’s and Audi’s, decided to ask the group “Do your vehicles in IL come with a little lever on the left side of the steering column”? Silence as they gave me a weird look. Then one of them says “What…the blinker?” I replied, “Yes – that’s it…so you DO have those huh?” More pause. Then I said “Was just wondering cuz when I drive around Chicago, I seldom see anyone using it.” A couple of them chuckled and a couple I don’t think found it amusing. I laughed saying “Look, no offense people, since I was handed the duty of starting our meeting, thought this would be a nice ice-breaker…a switch, pun intended, from talking about the Bears and Packers.” Ok, I knew a couple of the people pretty well having worked with them at the same company at one time, so they could tell the others on their way home, thinking I was an asshole, I’m really just a fun-loving sort of asshole, lol.
Yep know what ya mean as I am originally from suburban Chi-town. Dems drivers there are terrible about using them. Much like CA...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

I did some dumb-*** chit racing in my young days that makes me cringe today thinking about it...I thank God I didn't injure or kill someone...including me.

You got me confused, which one is it? You can't have all 4!!!
Every WEEK there are 1 or 2 or 3 or 4, sometimes more get killed in Houston street racing and don't have sense enough to do it on a totally closed street. Some weeks the tally is 1, some weeks the tall is 5 or so. Sad.
I live in the sticks and rarely go to the city. Amazed at the sheer number of idiots here.

Meh!!! What annoys me is post like this that seem to be forever on going. I, when I have had my ride out, couldn't care a Rat's Patooty about what others around me are attempting to do as they try and get in my general space and my attention. I am more focused on paying attention to my driving and my surroundings then some Jack Wad vying for attention. Now my pet peeve is rally only one...What the FOOK is a turn signal for??? 99% seem to ignore their use ever!!! Why is that??? I for the like of me haven't a clue but it is obviously a fact. That is what pisses me off to no end!!! Use them!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Yup, pretty much.
If youre keeping both eyes on the fools on BookFace or texing, or generally Sunday driving shouldnt Bee a problem.. Provided you have enough TORQUE to get out of their way. Another reason I dont drag race on public roads in states WITHOUT safety inspections. Doesnt take much for some clown's ball joint to fail at 90 mph, and he-she whatever takes a hard L or R turn into YOUR door or 1/4 panel..

That's opposite of what I've seen. I was passed by a "crotch rocket" or whatever, I think they came from two back, passed two in front and ducked under a field sprayer probly close to 100mph in a no passer, oncoming traffic.

There was a law mostly adhered to that
stated if one were impeding traffic to the
tune of piling up more than 3-4 vehicles
behind you, that it was your obligation
to pull over and let them by.
In my many travels between Houston
and Roswell, it was not uncommon to
see 10-20 vehicles stacked up behind
a semi, motorhome, or oilfield tanker.
Most of the stupid moves I've witnessed
in these situations, are impatient drivers.
Timing of their passing being misjudged.

A few years ago we passed a law not to pass a farm vehicle in a no passing zone. People still do. I know during spring and fall I might be held up. In the snow " I can't see the lines" so if it's safe I go around the plow only at 5AM.

The one thing that is annoying to me around is the younger guy usually in a lifted Diesel truck that passes intentionally with the need to "roll coal" if I'm out in the older truck or car. Otherwise, I just mind my own business and go about my way.

I posted earlier about irritations and yeah, yesterday out in my old ride going pert-near 10 over the limit some dipshit just has to ride my ***...as is usual. Lol, as part of my job, now reeetired, I did auto safety training including the ills of road-rage. Kind of comical, as I could get pretty pissed off in my past, more than I do today. The research I did though putting the courses together WAS somewhat helpful for me. One of the tips, that stayed in my head was "Seek to NOT participate". The gist? You have the choice to get peeved or not. It's worked for me, admittedly, not always. BUT - have no idea how much I may 'participate' if some ****-wad crashes into my ride.

I have a 35 mile work commute on busy freeways. And I have good front and rear dashcams.
at least once a week I have to pull “you gotta see this” video of gross stupid stuff including texting drivers who got behind on their braking.

Do you like being on the freeway going 65-75 mph to have some idiot race up to you to lower his window, honk and make gestures to get your attention only to give you a thumbs up ?! You like that ?! That’s happened to me many times and yes I find it stupid! I’ve almost been hit because of morons like that.
I have no problem with somebody getting my attention if we're both stopped at a long light. But many times I'm in lane #2 on the highway fully concentrating on staying alive in my analogue death-machine when some clown in the fast lane hits the brakes and lays on the horn like he's warning about a German bombing raid. Eventually I look over to see wtf is going on and he has his passenger window rolled down and is leaning over, shouting, with a thumbs-up, while cars are angrily piling up behind him, and some clearcoat-diseased Altima is preparing to cut me off while I'm not looking. This or something similarly dangerous has happened to me MORE than half-a-dozen times.

Get dash cameras, sounds like insurance scams a brewing to me (common in NJ)

Auto Transport Service
Back